Pages

Thursday 26 January 2023

JAI 637: Just Add A Sketch

 Hi!


Hello, there! It's Friday, which means that it's time for the new Just Add Ink challenge. This week it's a sketch challenge, designed by me.


I've been doing a lot of hand quilting for the past 6 months or so, and the triangles in the sketch made me wonder if I could translate some of my new skills with fabric to paper using the gorgeous Lovely Linen DSP. It's a lot like quilting fabric, so I was pretty sure I'd be able to make something awesome.

scissorspapercard, Just Add Ink, Stampin' Up!, Lovely Linen Stitched Triangles Dies, Clearly Besotted Bedtime Story

I was right! I used my Stitched Triangles Dies to fussy cut the paper, and then adhered it to a Night Of Navy base. I always love the new patterns that this process creates.

scissorspapercard, Just Add Ink, Stampin' Up!, Lovely Linen Stitched Triangles Dies, Clearly Besotted Bedtime Story

I couldn't bear to cover any of the card front up with something to represent the circle part of the design, but then I realised that the square cross that's formed in the middle of the card works for the circle element. The sentiment is from Clearly Besotted's Bedtime Story stamp set.

scissorspapercard, Just Add Ink, Stampin' Up!, Lovely Linen Stitched Triangles Dies, Clearly Besotted Bedtime Story

I'm not yet sure who will get this card, or for what occasion, so I've chosen not to stamp on the inside of my card for now. A strip of the DSP will do for now!

We'd love for you to play along with us this week at Just Add Ink. I'd especially love to see what you do with my sketch! You can see what the rest of the Design team have done with it over on the Just Add Ink blog, where you can also link up your card for the challenge.

Bye for now,

Tina

2 comments:

  1. The stitched triangles are perfect for this Challenge Tina as is the DSP. I love the gentle colours.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now that is a clever use of the sketch Tina! Love the stitching and pretty paper! xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment. I really appreciate it.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.