Pages

Sunday 8 January 2023

CTC 401: CASE The SAB Catalogue

 Hi!


Welcome back to the first CASEing The Catty Sunday Challenge Blog Hop for 2023! We like to challenge you to use the wonderful resource that are the Stampin' Up! catalogues, by CASEing ideas from them.


This week, we are starting with the brand new Sale-A-Bration Catalogue. I started browsing at the back of the catalogue, and found this beauty on page 16.


I loved the way that the scene carried across the front of the card, even over the split in the DSP. I also loved the mix of sentiments on the card, and how they connected the two parts of the scene.

scissorspapercard, CASEing The Catty, Stampin' Up!, Boat Punch, Basic Borders Dies, Biggest Wish, Label Me Bold, Beautiful Moment

I wanted to use the boat punch on my card, and so I changed the orientation of my card. I was a bit worried that the boat would be a little lost on a landscape card.

scissorspapercard, CASEing The Catty, Stampin' Up!, Boat Punch, Basic Borders Dies, Biggest Wish, Label Me Bold, Beautiful Moment

The background sea, sky and sun are all masked and inked using Daffodil Delight, Balmy Blue and Pacific Point ink onto Whisper White cardstock. I cropped the edges using my Basic Borders Dies, and the sentiments were from Biggest Wish and Label Me Bold (retired). The birds are from Beautiful Moment (retired).

scissorspapercard, CASEing The Catty, Stampin' Up!, Boat Punch, Basic Borders Dies, Biggest Wish, Label Me Bold, Beautiful Moment

The little Daffodil Delight flags were so fiddly, but worth it, I think! I just punched a scrap of card with the mast part of the boat punch and used my snips to trim it to size. A tiny dot of Tombow glue holds it in place.

To play along with our challenge, you just need to join our Facebook group (if you aren't a member already) and add a photo to the group of your card for the challenge before our next blog hop starts next Sunday night. Easy! We'd love to see how the catalogues inspire you.


Please keep hopping and visit all of our blogs. There's lots of gorgeous SAB inspiration to be seen. The next stop is the lovely Julia Quinn, with what I'm sure will be a gorgeous project,

Bye for now,

Tina

1 comment:

Thanks for taking the time to comment. I really appreciate it.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.