Pages

Sunday 30 May 2021

CTC 320: All Occasions Section

 Hi!


Wow, how has Sunday evening rolled around again so quickly? It's been a super busy week for me, so no wonder it flew by! My favourite way to end the week is with the CASEing The Catty Sunday Challenge Blog Hop, so let's get started!


This week we are asking you to CASE the All Occasions section of the new Annual Catalogue. There's 49 pages, so plenty of inspiring projects to choose from. This cutie caught my eye.


I don't have any baby stamps, as most people in my life are beyond that for now. I did, however, love the Stitched Rectangles that sit behind each of the three images, so this formed the basis of my card.

scissorspapercard, Stampin' Up!, CASEing The Catty, Bloom Where You're Planted DSP, A Good Man, Stitched Rectangles Dies

I received the Bloom Where You're Planted DSP last week, and thought that the plant images would be the perfect substitute for the babies. To suit the design, this meant having three vertical rectangles to frame the plants.

scissorspapercard, Stampin' Up!, CASEing The Catty, Bloom Where You're Planted DSP, A Good Man, Stitched Rectangles Dies

I wanted the background DSP to be very neutral, so I chose this Grey Granite piece. My uncle owns a cane furniture business, and he used to give the fabric scraps from the seating cushions to my Nana. She'd make all kinds of things with them, and this paper reminds me of the fabric, and her. She was always busy making something!

scissorspapercard, Stampin' Up!, CASEing The Catty, Bloom Where You're Planted DSP, A Good Man, Stitched Rectangles Dies

On the inside I used one of the plant images that was on the side of the DSP sheet, so partially cut off. This is perfectly OK to use, just adhere it over the side of your card so the cropped bit looks intentional!

That's all from me for tonight, but please come and join in with our challenge. Just make a suitable card and upload it to our Facebook group. It really is that easy!


For now, though, please do continue on with our Blog Hop. Next up is my lovely friend, Rachel. She's had a lot of fun playing with a stamp set that may very soon make the jump from my 'maybe' list to my 'must-have' list. I've loved seeing her recent creations using it, and I'm sure you will too.

Bye for now,

Tina

3 comments:

  1. Great way to showcase the plants on the stitched rectangle panels. Great card.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this!! I can't wait for my paper to arrive so I can give this idea a go!! Love the stitched rectangles in the background too!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh that background dsp is lovely! I wasn't tempted by that paper but you may have changed my mind!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment. I really appreciate it.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.