Pages

Sunday 16 May 2021

CTC 318: CASE A Mini Die Bundle

 Hi!


Thanks for joining me for the new CASEing The Catty Sunday Challenge Blog Hop. I hope you've had a wonderful weekend. The blog hop is the perfect way to wind down a weekend, don't you think?


This week the Crew are challenging you to CASE a card from the Die Bundle Section of the Mini Catalogue. I chose this card, which showcases the Art Gallery bundle.


I don't actually own the bundle, but that's OK when you're CASEing - use what you have to put your spin on the card. In my case, I used the Pierced Blooms dies.

scissorspapercard, Stampin' Up!, CASEing The Catty, Pierced Blooms Dies, Blossoms In Bloom, Shimmery Embossing Paste

Just before making this card, I was sorting my new In Colour stuff into my storage, and it was a great change to have a good look at the colours. I've decided I quite like Pale Papaya, so that was my starting point for this card. I chose to use my Shimmery Embossing Paste as the background, rather than sponged ink.

scissorspapercard, Stampin' Up!, CASEing The Catty, Pierced Blooms Dies, Blossoms In Bloom, Shimmery Embossing Paste

The sample card has strong lines in the DSP under the flowers, so I chose to tear the edges of my DSP to give a similar look. I added some Shimmery Crystal Effects to the centres of each flower to add some subtle bling. I should say that the flowers are Whisper White, Fresh Freesia, Blushing Bride, So Saffron and Soft Succulent.

scissorspapercard, Stampin' Up!, CASEing The Catty, Pierced Blooms Dies, Blossoms In Bloom, Shimmery Embossing Paste

I had a few left over bits and pieces, which were perfect to use to decorate the inside of my card. The sentiments used are from Blossoms In Bloom, stamped with Pale Papaya ink.

That's all from me for tonight, but it's just starting for you! We'd love for you to join in our challenge, which is as easy as posting a photo of your card in our Facebook group.


In the meantime, though, please do keep hopping! Next up is Peta - I'm yet to see a sneak peek of her card, so I can't offer a tantalising clue to what she's made, but it's bound to be wonderful!

Bye for now,

Tina

2 comments:

  1. So so pretty! I love the Pale Papaya too - love the embossing paste detail on the front and the inside - and how gorgeous are all those wonderful flowers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow that's so pretty!! I really love these dies and I wish they were carrying on. So many lovely details on your card.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment. I really appreciate it.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.