Pages

Sunday 23 May 2021

CTC 319: CASE A Technique - Embossing

 Hi!


Phew! It's the end of another busy weekend, so that means it's time for the new CASEing The Catty Sunday Challenge Blog Hop. Hooray!


This week Bec has set us the task of CASEing a project that uses an embossing technique. When I think of embossing, I think of heat embossing, dry embossing or embossing paste. That's a lot of choice!


I found this card on page 111 of the Annual Catalogue that uses the Emboss Resist technique. It's been ages since I've done that, so I was keen to give it another go.

scissorspapercard, Stampin' Up!, CASEing The Catty, Forever Fern, Blossoms In Bloom, Suit & Tie Dies, Emboss Resist

I've only recently purchased the Forever Fern bundle, and I'm not sure why to took me so long!! It's such an awesome set. I started with Very Vanilla cardstock and used clear embossing powder on the leaves. These leaves make me think of eucalyptus trees, but I have no idea if that is correct or not!

scissorspapercard, Stampin' Up!, CASEing The Catty, Forever Fern, Blossoms In Bloom, Suit & Tie Dies, Emboss Resist

I then used a Blending Brush and Soft Succulent ink to colour over the embossed leaves. Finally, I used a tissue to buff away the ink from the leaves. The catalogue sample watercoloured over the feathers, but I didn't have the patience to wait for it to dry. The sentiment is from Blossoms In Bloom, and is cropped using a die from the Suit & Tie set.

scissorspapercard, Stampin' Up!, CASEing The Catty, Forever Fern, Blossoms In Bloom, Suit & Tie Dies, Emboss Resist

I did more of the same on the inside. It's much easier to do the two lots of embossing in one go, so often when I am making the front of my card, I am also thinking about what I am going to do on the inside.

That's all from me for tonight, but you are just getting started! Just find a project in the catalogue that uses an embossing technique, CASE the card, and upload your photo into the Facebook group.


Before you get creating, please do finish our blog hop! Next up is my lovely friend, Rachel, which has used my favourite bundle from the Mini Catalogue to create her card.

Bye for now,

Tina

4 comments:

  1. Totally stunning!! The soft succulent ink is also reflective of gum trees!! This is a really beautiful card with the inside and front looking sensational!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a great embossing technique Tina, and I love the birthday sentiment on the narrow stitched strip.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Emboss resist is always a favourite of mine and your card looks amazing. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a great technique! And it looks lovely in Soft Succulent!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment. I really appreciate it.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.