Pages

Thursday 27 May 2021

JAI 556: Just Add A Slimline Card

 Hi!


Welcome back to the new Just Add Ink challenge. This week Lou has challenged us to make Slimline cards. Fun!


Are you a fan of Slimline cards? I haven't made many - mostly because I never think to! When I do remember to make one, I have fun. The extra space to play with is great, especially when creating a scene, which is where I went with this week's card.

scissorspapercard, Stampin' Up!, Just Add Ink, Kindred Stamps, Mama Elephant, The One With The Friend, Cityscape Die, Stampin' Blends, Slimline Card

I started by cutting my base card, which is sized to fit in a business sized envelope, so it's 8 1/4"square, scored at 4 1/8". The next two layers are just 1/2" and 5/8" smaller and popped up on Dimensionals. The background die is from Mama Elephant, and is called Cityscape. I wish I'd popped out more windows before I popped it up on my card, but I was feeling very lazy at the time!

scissorspapercard, Stampin' Up!, Just Add Ink, Kindred Stamps, Mama Elephant, The One With The Friend, Cityscape Die, Stampin' Blends, Slimline Card

The characters on my card are all very much at home in the big city, so the die was the perfect choice for the background, I think. As I mentioned, I was in a lazy mood when I made the card, so I've not done any fancy colouring on the characters, they are all coloured with just one Blend shade per colour.

scissorspapercard, Stampin' Up!, Just Add Ink, Kindred Stamps, Mama Elephant, The One With The Friend, Cityscape Die, Stampin' Blends, Slimline Card

Were you wondering where the other two characters were? Here they are! Even with the extra space of a Slimline card, they would have crowded the front too much, so I held them back for the inside. The characters and sentiments are all from a Kindred Stamps set, called The One With The Friend.

That's all from me tonight, but please do pop on over to the Just Add Ink blog, where you'll find the rest of this week's Design team cards. You can also link your card to our challenge. Hmm, what will you put on your Slimline card?

Bye for now,

Tina

1 comment:

  1. I love this Tina! I just watched the reunion special - loved it! Your card captures the essence of the characters and is perfect in the Slimline format. x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment. I really appreciate it.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.