Pages

Thursday 6 May 2021

JAI 553: Just Add A Sketch

 Hi!


Hello, and welcome to Friday and the new Just Add Ink challenge. This week Kelly has designed a really cool sketch for us to use.


In case you haven't worked it out by now, me and my family are huge Harry Potter fans. I've been wanting to make a HP card using the Suit & Tie dies since I purchased them, and this sketch gave me the opportunity.

scissorspapercard, Stampin' Up!, Just Add Ink, Kindred Stamps, Suit & Tie Dies, In Good Taste DSP, Wizard Friends, Magic Planning

All I did was pull the four thin strips in the sketch to the front, rather than under the main panel. Four house ties later, and the card was nearly done! The sentiment is from a long-retired Kindred Stamps set, called Wizard Friends.

scissorspapercard, Stampin' Up!, Just Add Ink, Kindred Stamps, Suit & Tie Dies, In Good Taste DSP, Wizard Friends, Magic Planning

To create the ties, I cut one each of a full tie and the knot piece from Cherry Cobbler, Blueberry Bushel, Crushed Curry and Shaded Spruce cardstock. For the strips, I added a piece of Adhesive Sheet to the back of the appropriate colour and used my Mini Trimmer to cut thin strips, some wider than others. I adhered the stripes to the first tie and then, to get the ties to match, I laid the next tie over the top. By doing this, I was able to line up the strips exactly with the tie underneath. Once I'd finished the second tie, I lifted it off the first, trimmed the strips and moved onto the next. A bit fiddly, but worth it, I think!

scissorspapercard, Stampin' Up!, Just Add Ink, Kindred Stamps, Suit & Tie Dies, In Good Taste DSP, Wizard Friends, Magic Planning

I was a bit lot over making ties by the time I got to the inside, so I settled with stamping a tie image from another Kindred Stamps set, called Magic Planing. I used my Stamparatus to line them up, and stamped them in the matching inks as the ties on the front. The card is 5 inches square, so it leaves plenty of room for writing a message!

That's all from me tonight, but please do pop on over to the Just Add Ink blog, where you'll find the rest of this week's Design Team cards. They are all as wonderful as usual! We can't wait to see the wonderful card you make with the sketch as your inspiration.

Bye for now,

Tina

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment. I really appreciate it.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.