Pages

Thursday 5 March 2020

JAI #495: Just Add A Rainbow

Hi!


Welcome back to the new Just Add Ink challenge. This week Rochelle has challenged us to add a rainbow to our projects. It can be a rainbow itself, or a rainbow of colour, perhaps even a quote about a rainbow - it's up to you!


I recently purchased a couple of stamp sets that celebrate diversity in sexuality, so I decided that this challenge would be the perfect time for them to get inky! Good timing too, as it was Mardi Gras weekend in Sydney recently.

scissorspapercard, Stampin' Up!, Kindred Stamps, The Ink Road, Full Of Pride, Love Wins, Stampin' Blends, Copics, Rectangle Stitched Dies

I started with my background rainbow. I cut 7/8" strips of Poppy Parade, Mango Melody, Daffodil Delight, Call Me Clover, Pacific Point and Gorgeous Grape cardstock. I adhered them to a piece of copy paper and then cropped them using my largest Stitched Rectangle die. I then adhered them to a piece of Thick Whisper White cut slightly smaller to give the piece more stability. This whole panel was then popped up onto a Thick Whisper White card base.

scissorspapercard, Stampin' Up!, Kindred Stamps, The Ink Road, Full Of Pride, Love Wins, Stampin' Blends, Copics, Rectangle Stitched Dies

The main image was stamped using the heart from The Ink Road stamp set Love Wins, with the sentiment from the Kindred Stamps set Full Of Pride. I coloured the heart with my Stampin' Blends, and a set of Copics, as there's no bright blue Blends: Poppy Parade, Pumpkin Pie, Daffodil Delight, Call Me Clover, Copics B28 and B24, Highland Heather.

scissorspapercard, Stampin' Up!, Kindred Stamps, The Ink Road, Full Of Pride, Love Wins, Stampin' Blends, Copics, Rectangle Stitched Dies

I had a few scraps of the front cardstock colours on my desk, and so I punched a row of hearts for the inside. They just fit nicely! The sentiment is from the The Ink Road stamp set called Love Wins. I'm not sure who I will give this card to. It just made me happy to make it, and I hope that eventually it will make someone happy to receive it!

That's all from me this week, now it's time to pop on over to the Just Add Ink blog, where you can find the rest of this week's Design team Rainbow cards. You can also link up your rainbow card. I can't wait to see how you interpret this theme!

Bye for now,

Tina

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment. I really appreciate it.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.