Pages

Sunday 15 March 2020

CTC #265 Week 1: Second Release Sale-A-Bration

Hi!


Thanks for joining me again for the new CASEing The Catty Sunday Blog Hop Challenge. We are at the start of a new fortnight's challenge, which is to CASE any project from the Second Release Sale-A-Bration catalogue. Have you arrived here from Michelle's blog, or are you starting here? As always, just keep hopping around all the blogs until you get back to where you started.


My inspiration this week is the card on page 4, that has the mugs facing in opposite directions.


I wracked my brain for a while about what I could use to get that effect, and then I remembered my Bird Ballad DSP. It was very simple to fussy cut two of the bird images that faced in different directions. They were popped up on my Pool Party card.

scissorspapercard, Stampin' Up!, CASEing The Catty, Varied Vases, Bird Ballad DSP, Subtle 3DEF

I embossed the top layer with the Subtle 3DEF, just for a bit more interest, and because I love the folder! I used a strip of card for the sentiment, like the original card, but I only flagged on end. A few Iridescent sequins finished off the front.

scissorspapercard, Stampin' Up!, CASEing The Catty, Varied Vases, Bird Ballad DSP, Subtle 3DEF

For the inside I fussy cut a third, smaller group of birds. I couldn't find a sentiment I felt suited the card for the inside (I like to try to match fonts!), so I just left it blank - more room for writing!

scissorspapercard, Stampin' Up!, CASEing The Catty, Varied Vases, Bird Ballad DSP, Subtle 3DEF

Apart from the fussy cutting, this was such a fast and easy card to put together. I was very pleased with how it turned out!

To enter our challenge you don't need a blog, just a Facebook account. Simply join our Facebook group and upload a photo of your card to the wall. Easy!


Thanks again for stopping by. Next you're off to the lovely Peta's blog. I wonder what Marvi has been up to this week?


Bye for now,

Tina

7 comments:

  1. Wow your fussy cutting is amazing. What a gorgeous card! Love those birds!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I admire all that super neat fussy cutting! I love the idea of the two groups of birds facing in different directions - such a cool CASE. Nice to see Bird Ballad again, I feel like its been ignored for a while but it is soooo pretty. Love the Pool Party base and that subtle embossing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The birds sit so prettily on the subtles background. Lovely simple card.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great take on the CASEd card Tina. Love it!! Fabulous fussy cutting too

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great fussy cutting and great case.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fabulous case! This card is so pretty, you’ve inspired me to fussy cut some more of my birds 🙂

    ReplyDelete
  7. Isn't that dsp just lovely!! I love how you have used the paper instead of stamps.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment. I really appreciate it.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.