Pages

Sunday 8 March 2020

CTC #264 Week 2: A Masculine Twist

Hi!


Hello, and welcome back to the new CASEing The Catty Sunday Challenge Blog Hop. We are half way through this fortnight's challenge of taking a card from the current Mini Catalogue and giving it a masculine twist. Did you arrive here after seeing the tree-mendous card on Julia's blog? Or are you starting here? Either way, just keep on hopping until you get back to your starting point.


I didn't have to go far into the catalogue before I found the card I wanted to CASE - in fact, it is on the front cover!! I really liked the repeated circles in the background of the card.


I started thinking about which shapes I had that could make this card masculine. I toyed with using the golfing paper, but in my house the male members are gamers, so my thoughts naturally went more that way.

scissorspapercard, Stampin' Up!, CASEing The Catty, Label Me Bold, Itty Bitty Birthdays, Tulip Builder Punch, Punch Art

I recalled seeing the new Tulip Builder punch being used to create the ghosts from Pacman, so that's what I decided to do! Rob helped me choose the colours of the ghosts - we went with Real Red for Blinky, Blushing Bride for Pinky, Balmy Blue for Inky and Pumpkin Pie for Clyde. I learned a lot about Pacman while making this card!!!

scissorspapercard, Stampin' Up!, CASEing The Catty, Label Me Bold, Itty Bitty Birthdays, Tulip Builder Punch, Punch Art

I went with a Pacific Point border around my main panel, as it was the closest I had to the electric blue that defines the maze in the game. Rob knew straight away why I'd picked it, so I guess I chose correctly! Pacman was simply a 1 3/4" circle with a wedge cut out and popped up with black dimensionals, and the sentiment is from Label Me Bold.

scissorspapercard, Stampin' Up!, CASEing The Catty, Label Me Bold, Itty Bitty Birthdays, Tulip Builder Punch, Punch Art

On the inside we have Blinky chasing Pacman. Quite by coincidence, Blinky is the leader of the Ghosts - I just picked red as I thought it would be the one to stand out most against the white background!

That's all for me this week! It's the final week to get your entries in for our challenge. Just add your photo to the wall in our Facebook group - it really is that easy!


In the meantime, though, please do continue on with our Blog Hop! Next up is the lovely Angela's blog - she's been busy this week and has lots to show you!


Bye for now,

Tina

4 comments:

  1. Wow! I've learned a lot about pacman too now! This is such a fun card for the challenge! And I love the journey from your inspiration. So clever!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fabulous card!! I love how you have transformed the original card.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great card for any gamer! I have learnt a lot too. I never knew the ghosts had names!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Who knew the ghosts had names? Love your card Tina, perfect for any gamer.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment. I really appreciate it.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.