Pages

Thursday 25 July 2019

JAI #467: Just Add A Sketch

Hi!


Welcome to the new Just Add Ink challenge. This week Lou has designed a fantastic sketch for us to use. I love a good sketch challenge!


I had a hankering to pull out some of my pop culture stamps to have a play with this sketch. After a flick through, I settled on two stamp sets that coordinate perfectly that are from two of my favourite pop culture companies, Kindred Stamps and The Ink Road Stamps.

scissorspapercard, Just Add Ink, Stampin' Up!, Kindred Stamps, The Ink Road Stamps, The One With All The Stamps, The One With The Friend

Do you recognise the character? He spent a lot of time sipping coffee in New York with his 5 friends. The sentiment, 'how you doin'?' was a pretty iconic pick up line of his! The character is from "The One With The Friend' from Kindred, and the couch and sentiment are from "The One With All The Stamps" from The Ink Road.

scissorspapercard, Just Add Ink, Stampin' Up!, Kindred Stamps, The Ink Road Stamps, The One With All The Stamps, The One With The Friend

I coloured the character and the couch with my Copic markers. I've been playing around a bit with darker shadow lines, and this was a great opportunity to try them out again.

scissorspapercard, Just Add Ink, Stampin' Up!, Kindred Stamps, The Ink Road Stamps, The One With All The Stamps, The One With The Friend

The inside sentiment is also from Kindred. It's a play on the episode titles of the TV show - every single episode name started with "The One Where...", which is also why both the stamp sets have similar names! It's one of my favourite TV shows that I watched every week when it was on TV. I have the boxed set so that I can watch it all again, I just lack the time! Oh well, one day 😊

That's it from me, not it's time to hop on over to the Just Add Ink blog, where you can see the rest of this week's Design team cards. You can also link up your card and play along in our challenge. If you don't have a blog you can always email us your card and we can link it up for you.

Bye for now,

Tina

1 comment:

  1. Another fun card from one of my fave all time shows & a fave phrase too. Awesome colour I g too!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment. I really appreciate it.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.