Pages

Tuesday 30 July 2019

Blueberry Peacock

Hi!

Do you ever buy a craft product just for one part of a pack? Maybe it's a set of dies that you purchased for one die, or a stamp set? This time, for me, it was one pattern in the Noble Peacock SDSP. I really loved the Blueberry Bushel paper in the pack, and bought it just for that! Although, I think once I get into Christmas card making, the Pretty Peacock sheets will be just as appealing!

scissorspapercard, Stampin' Up!, Noble Peacock SDSP, Merry Christmas Dies, Stitched Nested Labels Dies, Well Said

I made this card as a class sample to show off the gorgeous foil DSP. I paired it with plain Black Foil, with some Black Glittered Organdy Ribbon for a touch of glitz. After I'd glued it all down I looked at it and wished I'd embossed the plain black foil with the Subtle Embossing Folder. My class ladies all went for this option, and it looked fabulous.

scissorspapercard, Stampin' Up!, Noble Peacock SDSP, Merry Christmas Dies, Stitched Nested Labels Dies, Well Said

I cut the 'Happy' from Black Foil using the Merry Christmas Dies. I love that the 'Happy' works equally well on a birthday card as it does on a Christmas card. I layered it over some vellum that I'd cropped using a Stitched Nested Labels Die. The Classic Label Punch was the perfect choice for the 'Birthday' part of the sentiment, as it mirrors the Labels Die shape.

scissorspapercard, Stampin' Up!, Noble Peacock SDSP, Merry Christmas Dies, Stitched Nested Labels Dies, Well Said

A little strip of the DSP finishes off the inside. I like occasionally doing a vertical strip rather than horizontal, just for something different. In this case it ties the inside layout with the front layout, so I think it was a good decision.

Bye for now,

Tina

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment. I really appreciate it.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.