Pages

Sunday 7 July 2019

CTC #236: Love, Thanks and Support

Hi!


Welcome! Have you arrived here from Rebecca's blog, or are you just starting here? Either way, please keep hopping and enjoy all the stops on our blog hop this week.

It's the end of the weekend, but for me this means the start of school holidays. Hooray! Hopefully the kids will sleep in a bit so that I can too! Wish me luck 😉


This week we are CASEing any project from the Love, Thanks and Support section of the Annual Catalogue. It's a big section, so there should be plenty to choose from. I flicked through until I got close to the end of the section, and then decided I would CASE the card at the bottom left of page 89.


I think it was the stamped sentiment around the circle layer that caught my eye. I do like a card with an extra level of difficulty! I don't have the Above The Clouds Bundle, so I scanned my shelves and decided upon my Beautiful Bouquet bundle.

scissorspapercard, Stampin' Up!, CASEing The Catty, Challenge, Beautiful Bouquet Bundle, Stitched Shapes Dies, Wedding Card

I used Blushing Bride, Rococo Rose, Soft Sea Foam, Pear Pizzazz, Very Vanilla and Early Espresso on my card. To stamp the 'Congratulations' in a circle, I adhered the Stitched Shapes circle die to my clear block using washiest tape. I then added a piece of double sided tape to the back of my stamp and adhered it to the block, using the die to shape the stamp. I used tape to hold the stamp in place, as the photopolymer had lost a bit of it's stickiness and I didn't want to wash it and wait for it to dry. I'm too impatient for that! I then temporarily adhered the Very Vanilla circle to my card and used it as a template to stamp in the correct position. I started stamping at the bottom, where I knew the stems were going to sit, so that if the words ended up overlapping (and they did!), it would be hidden by the stems.

scissorspapercard, Stampin' Up!, CASEing The Catty, Challenge, Beautiful Bouquet Bundle, Stitched Shapes Dies, Wedding Card

I die cut the stems and then adhered them together. I wrapped them with an offcut of the Burlap ribbon and tied a bow using some retired Very Vanilla Baker's Twine. The flowers were then added to the bouquet, making sure some were under the stems.

scissorspapercard, Stampin' Up!, CASEing The Catty, Challenge, Beautiful Bouquet Bundle, Stitched Shapes Dies, Wedding Card

I had several flowers left over, so naturally I used them on the inside of the card. Nothing goes to waste! I've sort of left the card a little vague - I intend it to be a wedding card, but if push comes to shove it could work for an engagement or anniversary too.

Time for you to be hopping on your way, but first I will remind you of our Facebook group, where you can join in the fun and enter your card in our challenge.


But first, you're off to see what the wonderful Siobhan has created!


Bye for now,

Tina

9 comments:

  1. What a gorgeous card!! I think yours is much nicer than the original. Hope you get to enjoy many sleep ins!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous card, Tina. I love how you've stamped the sentiment around the circle - great tips on how to do that. Such a beautiful bouquet. Hope the holidays bring you lots of sleeps ins and quiet craft time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful colour combo. Love the stamp set you chose, very pretty. Good luck with the sleep ins! They don’t happen around here!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is such a sweet card Tina. I love the colours you've used and the burlap ribbon and baker's twine look great.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love this Tina, the circular sentiment looks awesome around those gorgeous flowers!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you for the instructions to help with the circular stamping! Love the colours and stamp set you've used.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Stamping in the round, what a clever technique! Beautiful Bouquet is a favourite stamp set of mine, and I think its a wonderful feature on your card.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous card, Tina and a great CASE. Love the greeting in a circle and your bouquet is fabulous. Love the inside too. Hope you've had lots of sleep-ins! x

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is FABULOUS Tina! The circle stamping is awesome. Love!!! Kelly x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment. I really appreciate it.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.