Pages

Thursday 4 July 2019

JAI #464: Just Add Colour

Hi!


It's that time of the week again - the new Just Add Ink challenge is live, and it's a fun colour challenge suggested by Jackie.


It took me a long time to think about what I cold do with these colours, and in the end I decided to use a new stencil that I purchased recently. It's called Holes Small and is by Ranger.

scissorspapercard, Stampin' Up!, Ranger, Just Add Ink, Genuine Gems, Happy Birthday Thinlit, Holes Small Stencil

I lightly taped it down over a piece of Whisper White cardstock and then used my sponge brayer to add the ink. There's Granny Apple Green at the bottom, Soft Sea Foam in the middle and Flirty Flamingo on top.

scissorspapercard, Stampin' Up!, Ranger, Just Add Ink, Genuine Gems, Happy Birthday Thinlit, Holes Small Stencil

I die cut the now retired Happy Birthday die four times - once each in Granny Apple Green, Soft Sea Foam, Flirty Flamingo and Basic Black and then layered them up in that order. If you look carefully, you can see the different layers under the black. A subtle, but cool effect! I finished the card by doodling in some of the circles and adding some Black Faceted Dots.

scissorspapercard, Stampin' Up!, Ranger, Just Add Ink, Genuine Gems, Happy Birthday Thinlit, Holes Small Stencil

Instead of dots I got a bit lazy and went for stripes on the inside - just some offcuts of the cardstock to match the front colours. The stamp is from Genuine Gems, and I coloured it with my Granny Apple Green and Flirty Flamingo Stampin' Blends.

Time to pop on over to the Just Add Ink blog, where you can see the rest of this week's Design Team cards. You can also link up your card to enter the challenge. You'll have fun with these colours!

Bye for now,

Tina

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment. I really appreciate it.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.