Pages

Tuesday 2 July 2019

A Pocket Full Of Posy

Hi!


Sob! We are finally at the last week of the Colour Creations Blog Share posts. It's been a fun year using each of the colours in Stampin' Up!'s range. I set myself the challenge to participate every week, and I met that challenge! Even when I was overseas I was able to play along, thanks to Catherine allowing me to give her links ahead of time and hoping they would work.

For our final week we are featuring Purple Posy, which is a soft purple that fits well with Highland Heather and Gorgeous Grape. I wanted to go out with a bang, so I have made a super special card for you today.

scissorspapercard, Stampin' Up!, Art With Heart, Colour Creations, Daisy Lane Bundle, Well Said, Itty Bitty Birthdays, Daisy Punch, Subtle TIEF, Layered Die Cut See Through Card

I had the chance to watch a few crafting videos last week, and one was Jennifer McGuire's Layered Die Cut See-Through Cards. I was immediately keen to give the technique a try, and this was a great opportunity. LOL, it's a great way to use more of that Press'n'Seal that we all got in New Zealand too!

scissorspapercard, Stampin' Up!, Art With Heart, Colour Creations, Daisy Lane Bundle, Well Said, Itty Bitty Birthdays, Daisy Punch, Subtle TIEF, Layered Die Cut See Through Card

You basically die cut (or punch in my case) a heap of shapes and layer them so that they overlap quite a bit. Press'n'Seal holds it all in place while you trim it to size and then glue matching shapes on the back to keep it all in one piece. You can watch Jennifer's video to see how she completes the cards. I love the lacy look to the card, and how it's quite strong even though it looks delicate.

scissorspapercard, Stampin' Up!, Art With Heart, Colour Creations, Daisy Lane Bundle, Well Said, Itty Bitty Birthdays, Daisy Punch, Subtle TIEF, Layered Die Cut See Through Card

The inside of the card perfectly mirrors the front of the card, so that you can't see the Purple Posy circle or daisy from the front of the card. This card took several hours to complete, but it was well worth the time. I can't wait to try it again!

For the final time, please head on over to Catherine's blog to see the rest of this week's Purple Posy cards. Keep an eye out though, soon we will be starting the Heart Of Christmas, so there will be weekly Christmas inspiration for you all.

Bye for now,

Tina

4 comments:

  1. Wow, wow, wow, I keep going back up to look closer at this card and how it is holding together. It looks so delicate, I'm still in awe how it's standing up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow that is impressive and I can see why it would take quite a few hours. I love it! I really need to get me some of that press n' seal!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tina you certainly have gone out with a bang! Thank you so much for hopping along tonight and for all the other weeks you’ve hopping along on the colour creations blog hop - every single week in fact. wow, what an effort xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love, Love, Love this card Tina, I too watched that video but I haven't given it a try yet waiting for my RDO when I have a bit more time. I know who ever you give this card to will cherish it for ever (I know I would. Thanks for sharing such a lovely end to our Colour Creations Blog-Hop.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment. I really appreciate it.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.