Pages

Sunday 28 July 2019

CTC #239: CASE A Layout

Hi!


Welcome back to a new CASEing The Catty Sunday Challenge Blog Hop. It's been another busy week in my household, so I just squeaked into the end of the list for the blog hop, after Monique.


This week we are choosing a card from page 103 of the Annual Catalogue to CASE, but with an extra twist - we need to change the theme. So if the card you choose is a thank you card, you need to make anything but a thank you card. Easy!


I was in a bit of a rush to get my card done, so I went for the Crumb Cake card at the top of this photo. In my rush I assumed it was a new baby card, as it's in the Kid's and Babies section. What's the opposite of a new baby card? A sympathy card. I always seem to need them for my stash.

scissorspapercard, Stampin' Up!, CASEing The Catty, Best Birds, Birds Of A Feather, Swirly Frames, Well Said, Stampin' Blends, Magnolia Lane DSP, Sympathy Card

It's funny how 'I need to get a card made in a hurry' morphed into 'I'll just do some colouring with my Blends', which I can never do in a hurry! I stamped the flower from Best Birds three times, masking each one as I went. Once all three were masked I stamped the leaves over the top. They were coloured with my Flirty Flamingo, Granny Apple Green and Daffodil Delight Blends.

scissorspapercard, Stampin' Up!, CASEing The Catty, Best Birds, Birds Of A Feather, Swirly Frames, Well Said, Stampin' Blends, Magnolia Lane DSP, Sympathy Card

The bird was then stamped and coloured using Daffodil Delight, Balmy Blue and Light Night Of Navy Blends, with Light Crumb Cake for the ground. The sentiment is from a Paper Pumpkin set I got while I was in the USA. I think it's Birds Of A Feather.

scissorspapercard, Stampin' Up!, CASEing The Catty, Best Birds, Birds Of A Feather, Swirly Frames, Well Said, Stampin' Blends, Magnolia Lane DSP, Sympathy Card

When I cut the card for the inside I was kidding myself that I'd only stamp one flower and leaf combo. As soon as I stamped the first flower I knew I had to do the whole trio - it wouldn't look right with just one. Sigh. Luckily I'm quicker at the photo editing and blog post writing than I am at making a quick card! LOL!

That's it for me for this week. Don't forget to join our Facebook group so that you can play along with our challenges each week.


In the meantime though, you're hopping off to see what Julia has made this week.


Bye for now,

Tina

6 comments:

  1. Oh this is a gorgeous 'quick' card! Stunning colouring. Great case!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love how you added the DSP in place of the embossed layer. Great colouring and I love how you masked the flowers to create the trio.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ah, yes, one of those “quick” cards! Looks anything but quick, Tina. Beautiful masking and colouring, and even fussy cutting! Gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful card Tina, the masked flowers look great and so does your colouring.

    ReplyDelete
  5. How pretty!! Love your colouring.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is such a gorgeous card, Tina. The circle embellishment really pops against the dark DSP and the masked flowers are fabulous. I always seem to end up with a bit of annoying white space between the elements when I mask. You'll have to give me some tips!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment. I really appreciate it.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.