Pages

Saturday 24 May 2014

Layouts 35 and 36

Hi!

I'm still at Convention in Melbourne and having the best time!  Today is the last day, which is a bit bittersweet.  I will miss my Stampin' Up! friends, but it's nearly time to come home to my beautiful family.

The layouts I have for you today are more of my Paris trip.  Are you sick of it yet?  I'm only half way through!  Yes, we took a lot of photos and have a lot of memories to record.


In my last post I showed you the layouts I had completed  about Versailles and the Gardens there.  In the gardens are the Palaces de Trianon, which were the summer houses of the Royalty.  These were certainly not a little shack at the beach!  While nowhere near as luxurious and extravagant as the Chateau, they were still astounding.  The French do luxury so well!


We had a lovely day for wandering around the buildings and gardens at Versailles, but I made the mistake of wearing thin ballet flats and my feet were killing me by the end!  Thankfully there was a little 'train' you could catch back to the Chateau from the Palaces, so we jumped on that for the ride back.


We had to change trains at the Metro station that is located underneath the Arc de Triomphe, so we decided to take the opportunity to go and see it while all lit it.  It really is a spectacular monument.  I forgot to look for the 'Diamonds and Rubies', which is the pretty sight the car head and tail lights make as they travel to and from the Monument.  I'm sure I was so tired by then I was just thinking of bed!  Oh well.

Bye for now,

Tina

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment. I really appreciate it.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.