Pages

Friday 9 May 2014

JAI #214: Just Add A Sketch

Hi!

Woo Hoo!  It's Friday again!  Time for another Just Add Ink Challenge.

This week Chantell has designed a great sketch for us to use. I really loved it, as it leaves quite a bit of room to play. I decided to do a layout, and as I hadn't had a play with My Digital Studio for a while I decided to do a digital layout.  I found the Star Wars graphic on the internet, as well as the font for the text.  The font is called Star Jedi.


The photos were taken at a library "May The 4th" event that Rob took the kids to.  For those that aren't Star Wars fans, it's a play on the line "May the Force be with you" from the movies and is celebrated worldwide on the 4th of May.  Alex using his new dressing gown to dress up as a Sith Lord, and Ada and I threw together her Padme outfit in about 5 minutes!  The other characters are from a group called the 501st Regiment.  They attend a heap of Star Wars and other themed events, especially children's and charity events.

I used a Basic Black base for the layout, and then added a star burst overlay on top in Daffodil Delight.  I was going for the warp speed look with the stars turning into streaks as the Millennium Falcon speeds through space.  I was quite pleased with the look.

I hope you can play along with us at Just Add Ink this week.  It's a great sketch to play with!

Bye for now,

Tina

oh, PS: This is my 67th layout this year :)

2 comments:

  1. Awesome Tina, this looks like a fun day out for Dad and the Kids. They have done so well with their costumes....I would never have thought that was a dressing gown! Chantell x x

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an awesome page Tina - I love the effect in the background and the kids look like they were having heaps of fun!xxx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment. I really appreciate it.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.