Pages

Sunday 4 May 2014

Layouts 31 and 32

Hi!

Today I'm continuing my Paris scrapping with you.  The first layout is three pages that show our visit to the Louvre.  We got there fairly late in the afternoon and only had about 3 hours to try and see it all.  it's simply not possible!


We had a skip the lines pass, so at least we didn't waste a lot of time in lines!  We quickly went through the Medieval foundations of the building and then emerged into the Egyptian section.  This was probably a mistake, as Rob is absolutely mad on anything Egyptian and he probably could have spent all three of our hours just in this section!  My feet were killing me by this point, so I sat for a while and let him explore before I hurried him on to other sections.


We were using the Lonely Planet Guide to France to guide us through most of the Museum.  They have a "cheats" map that takes you on a route that goes past all of the more famous exhibits.  We weren't strict to the map though and explored as much of the museum as we could in the time we had.  We were a bit surprised by how big the Mona Lisa was - yes that's right - how big it was!  We had so many people tell us how small it was before we left that we were just about expecting a postage stamp sized portrait.  Well, not quite, but you get the idea!


In our rush to see it all we forgot to go and see the inverted part of the glass triangle.  I don't think I even realised until we were home in Australia that we'd completely overlooked it. Oh well, just another reason to try to get back to Paris one day!


This layout was about the doors all around Paris.  it was just one of those things that I noticed about the city - the huge, beautiful doors everywhere.  Some lead into buildings, but others open up to allow you through to a courtyard in the centre of the building.  Most of the doorways were built when horse and carriage was the main form of private transport, so they are very wide and tall.  Some were plain, others were very ornamental.  They were all beautiful.  Can you imagine coming home through a door like these every day?  I think I would smile every time.

Thanks for sharing a bit more of my Paris scrapping.

Bye for now,

Tina

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment. I really appreciate it.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.