Pages

Friday 16 August 2013

JAI #178: Just Add Snowflakes!

Hi!

It's great to be back doing the Just Add Ink challenges again.


This week is a tricky one for me - to Just Add Snowflakes. With the arrival of the new catalogue I had a big clear out of my retired stamps.  When I went looking for something for this card I realised I had no snowflake stamps left. Hmmm, time for the old thinking cap!


I decided to used the rock salt technique to create the look of snowflakes.  It's pretty easy, you just grind some rock salt onto your cardstock and run it through the big shot. It creates lots of little divots in the cardstock in a random pattern that you then colour over to highlight. Many people brayer, but not being confident with the brayer I decided to sponge the colour on.  I started with a layer of Soft Sky over the whole card front, then Marina Mist from the ground up, finishing with Night Of Navy over the top third.


Here's a closer look.  You can see that I also spritzed the finished card with some shimmer paint (retired) to give some extra effect.


I kept the inside simple, by just stamping the Lovely As A Tree stamp again in Soft Sky that I stamped off once.

Stamps: Lovely As A Tree, Sweet Essentials, Postcard, Teeny Tiny Sentiments
Ink: Soft Sky, Marina Mist, Night Of Navy, Early Espresso
Cardstock: Soft Sky, Early Espresso, Very Vanilla
Other: Big Shot, Modern Label Punch, Word Window Punch, Essentials Paper Piercing Pack, Piercing Tool, Piercing Mat, Rhinestones, Dimensionals, Sponges, Shimmer Paint (retired), Rock Salt

I hope you can play along at Just Add Ink this week,

Bye for now,

Tina

3 comments:

  1. Your closeup of the rock salt technique for the snowflakes is stunning, Tina. Just love your card. Carolyn x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just love how you paired up Postcard with Lovely as a Tree Tina - the end result is just stunning. You did a great job is using the rock salt technique to create snow too - its really effective! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. You've used the rock salt technique beautifully Tina! It gives such a great effect and works so well with the images. xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment. I really appreciate it.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.