Pages

Monday 19 August 2013

Blown Ink Technique

Hi!

A couple of months ago I ran a Children's Cards Class.  While a bit stuck for ideas for the class I decided to have a bit of a look on the internet.  My first stop was Ros Davidson's blog, as she is the queen of kid's cards. I didn't have to look far before finding these cards which became the inspiration for my class cards.


Don't they look fab!! I was really pleased with the bright rainbow effect. I made two cards using the technique, as it was so much fun.


The sentiment is from the retired I Dig You stamp set.  I kept it nice and simple so it didn't detract from the ink rainbow.


An old favourite, Sassy Salutations for the inside.


Here's the two cards side by side.  I love how you can do the same thing but get totally different results each time.


Stamps: I Dig You (retired), Sassy Salutations
Ink: Pacific Point, Real Red, Daffodil Delight, Melon Mambo, Gumball Green, Rich Razzleberry, Pumpkin Pie
Cardstock: Marina Mist, Daffodil Delight, Whisper White
Other: Circle Punches, Straw

Bye for now,

Tina

2 comments:

  1. These are awesome Tina! Love the bright colours and very cool pattern it makes. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cool cards! The blown ink created a very trendy look. Love it!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment. I really appreciate it.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.