Pages

Wednesday 3 April 2024

Colour Creations: Soft Sea Foam

 Hi!


Hello and welcome to the new Colour Creations Blog Hop. This week it's Soft Sea Foam's turn to shine. It's a lovely, soft green that I like, but don't really use much.

scissorspapercard, Colour Creations, Stampin' Up! Biggest Wish, Leaf Collection, Stylish Shapes Dies

I decided to play with a new stamp set that a lovely friend gifted me recently. It's from the upcoming Annual Catalogue, and is called Leaf Collection. I can see myself using this leafy background stamp a lot. I stamped it in SSF ink onto the coordinating cardstock, matted it on Whisper White, and then layered it over a SSF card base.

scissorspapercard, Colour Creations, Stampin' Up! Biggest Wish, Leaf Collection, Stylish Shapes Dies

A scrap oval of vellum helped to distinguish the white Paper Butterfly Accents piece from the background. A scrap of ribbon was used to highlight the Biggest Wish sentiment. I cropped it using a banner from the Stylish Shapes Dies.

scissorspapercard, Colour Creations, Stampin' Up! Biggest Wish, Leaf Collection, Stylish Shapes Dies

My card inside ended up a little differently than I planned. The butterfly was meant to be in the bottom left corner, but after I finished inking it, I noticed a smudge at the top right. I just flipped the card and stamped 'friend' over the top of the smudge to hide it. Phew!

The next stop on tonight's hop is the wonderful Cathy Proctor. I'm sure that she's made something fabulous that you won't want to miss out on seeing.


Cathy is also our amazing go-to-gal for when things go wrong with the links on the blog hop. Pop on over to her blog if you run into a problem. She'll have a list of all of tonight's participants to help get you back on track.

Bye for now,

Tina

6 comments:

  1. Simply lovely Tina! The leaf stamp provides a great background with interest for the rest of your creation.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rachel Woollard3 April 2024 at 20:08

    Beautiful card Tina, great use of vellum behind the butterfly, I'm going to miss it :(

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tina, your leaf stamp provides a great background to your legant monochrome card. I love the use of vellum to make the butterfly stand out even more!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love how you've used this beautiful new background stamp, Tina - and Soft Sea Foam is a really nice colour to stamp it in. Leaves and butterflies ... two of my favourite design elements! Lovely card.

    ReplyDelete
  5. A gorgeous card Tina. I love your tone-on-tone stamped background with the white butterfly sitting on a vellum label. Your card inner looks great too - there are many ways to deal with slip-ups. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. How good is this Leaf Collection stamp?!!! I love it too and as you have shown, it goes nicely with so many products. I love the vellum layer to really make the butterfly pop!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment. I really appreciate it.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.