Pages

Wednesday 24 April 2024

Colour Creations: Tahitian Tide

Hi!


Welcome to the final blog hop in the 2023-24 Colour Creations series. I can't believe that, once again, we have hopped our way through all of the colours in the Stampin' Up! range. We are finishing with one of my favourites. -Tahitian Tide. It's a lovely, bright blue that is, sadly, about to retire. I haven't used it anywhere near enough!

scissorspapercard, Colour Creations, Stampin' Up! On The Ocean Bundle, Rays Of Light, Stylish Shapes Dies

Also retiring, and also not used anywhere near enough, is the On The Ocean stamps and dies. They will certainly remain as a permanent part of my stamp collection. As will Rays Of Light, another retiring stamp that I have used as my background on this card. I love the way it can be used to draw your eye to a specific part of a design.

scissorspapercard, Colour Creations, Stampin' Up! On The Ocean Bundle, Rays Of Light, Stylish Shapes Dies

I had fun making the waves for the card. I cropped a piece of Whisper White using the solid wave die, and then inked both of the parts with Tahitian Tide ink. I left the tops of the waves white to give the effect of the breaking waves. I also cropped some Tahitian Tide, backed with Adhesive Sheet, using the outline wave die. The three layers look fantastic together!

scissorspapercard, Colour Creations, Stampin' Up! On The Ocean Bundle, Rays Of Light, Stylish Shapes Dies

I stamped a similar scene on the inside of the card, instead of using die cuts like on the front. The set is so versatile to allow both! I believe that the stamps and dies are around half price in the Last Chance sale, so snap them up if you're keen!

The next stop on tonight's Blog Hop is my lovely friend, Kate Morgan. I can't wait to see what she's made.


A huge thank you to the wonderful Cathy Proctor for keeping us going with the blog hops. We'll be back next week with Peach Pie, one of the new In Colours, to kick off the new year of Colour Creations.  In the meantime, pop on over to her blog if you you run into any issues with the links on tonight's hop. Cathy will have a list of all of tonight's participants to help get you back on track.

Bye for now,

Tina

6 comments:

  1. Tina, I love this card so much! I too will miss this colour and especially this stamp bundle. It was one of your gorgeous cards made using this bundle that inspired me to buy it. The way you created your waves gives so much dimension and interest to your card.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rachel Woollard24 April 2024 at 20:40

    Stunning card Tina, I love how the Rays of Light stamp set emphasise the pirate ship

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is an awesome card, Tina! I am very sad about Rays of Light retiring. It looks SO good, with the striped DSP showing behind. The way you've created the waves on your card is just gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  4. A wonderful card Tina. All your elements work together so well creating an evocative scene. I love the rays coming from behind the ship. Your waves are amazing. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Brilliant card using this bundle that I feel you have done loads of cards with. I have really admired what you have created and this is another beauty. The Rays of Light is fantastic with the crisp white sails of your ship. Love everything about this card!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is a fantastic card! I love how you have used the Rays of Light it is so sad that it is retiring. The waves look fantastic under the ship as well. I think this is such an amazing card. Love it!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment. I really appreciate it.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.