Pages

Wednesday 17 April 2024

Colour Creations: Sweet Sorbet

 Hi!


Hello, and welcome to the second last Colour Creations Blog Hop of the 2023-2024 season. It's so strange to be nearly complete! This week were are looking at Sweet Sorbet, a gorgeous pinky-red that I will really miss when it retires next month.

scissorspapercard, Colour Creations, Stampin' Up! Sending Smiles, Biggest Wish, Deckled Circles Dies, In Colour DSP

It's school holidays here, and I completely forgot about making a card for the hop until I was about to start cooking dinner tonight. Oops! Luckily, I seem to have mastered the 15 minute cards lately, as that's all this card took to make.

scissorspapercard, Colour Creations, Stampin' Up! Sending Smiles, Biggest Wish, Deckled Circles Dies, In Colour DSP

A lovely friend recently gifted me the Deckled Circles Dies, so I started this card by cropping some Whisper White card using one. I left the cardstock in the die, and then used a small Blending Brush to carefully add a very light layer of Soft Sorbet ink around the edge. The die acts as a mask, leaving a lovely white border. I removed the die, and then stamped the flower from Sending Smiles and the sentiment from Biggest Wish.

scissorspapercard, Colour Creations, Stampin' Up! Sending Smiles, Biggest Wish, Deckled Circles Dies, In Colour DSP

A scrap of DSP and another sentiment from Biggest Wish completed the inside of the card. Easy!

Please do continue your way around tonight's blog hop. The next stop is my lovely friend, Andrea Sergeant, with what's bound to be a gorgeous card.


As always, the wonderful Cathy Proctor keeps us all organised each week. If you come across a broken link, just pop on over to her blog, where you'll find a list of all of tonight's participants to help get you back on track.

Bye for now,

Tina

4 comments:

  1. The Sweet Sorbet ink softly blended with the Deckled Circles Die in place looks really pretty, Tina. I've barely used this colour, but it's a lovely red, isn't it?! LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rachel Woollard17 April 2024 at 20:18

    Oohh, the effect of the white edge around the Deckled Circle is beautiful, Greta highlight.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your 15 minute cards, Tina, keeping it real! You've inspired me to try the "die as a mask" technique with that lovely white border. I'm really going to miss the Sending Smiles bundle and I'm sure you will too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, 15 minutes, go you! You have created a beautiful card in that time, especially with the ink blending in the deckled circle for a great effect.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment. I really appreciate it.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.