Pages

Thursday 15 February 2024

JAI 689: Just Add Colour

 Hi!


Thanks for joining me for the new Just Add Ink Challenge. This week we have a Colour Challenge for you, suggested to us by Rochelle.


For some of us, it really was a challenge! The colours are gorgeous, but I struggled so hard with working out what to do. My tried and true method in instances like this is to use mostly white, with little splashes of the other colours. It didn't quite work out that way in the end!

scissorspapercard, Just Add Ink, Waffleflower Book Cover Die, Layered Books Dies, Three Room Studio One More Chapter

I started with a Waffle Flower die, called Book Cover Die. I used it to crop some Tahitian Tide ink... but it looked too plain. I used another Waffle Flower Die set, called Layered Books Die, to crop the Gorgeous Grape book spines. They are slightly larger than the spines in the Book Cover Die, but close enough!

scissorspapercard, Just Add Ink, Waffleflower Book Cover Die, Layered Books Dies, Three Room Studio One More Chapter

Unfortunately, I couldn't use the layering dies for the pages. I used the Book Cover Die to crop some Whisper White card, which I then hand cut to fit over the Tahitian Tide pages. I think the extra effort was worth it! A sentiment, from Three Room Studio's One More Chapter stamp set, finished off the front nicely.

scissorspapercard, Just Add Ink, Waffleflower Book Cover Die, Layered Books Dies, Three Room Studio One More Chapter

I used a Gold Foil card as the base my card, but the Cover Die covered all of the gold foil edge! SO that I didn't waste it, I simply folded the card inside out and used it on the inside of the card. I used the One More Chapter stamp set and the Layered Book Dies to finish off the card.

We'd love to see what you do with these colours. They give a little bit of a tropical vibe to me. What do you think? You can see how the rest of the Design team used the combo on the Just Add Ink blog. You'll also find our Linky there when you're ready to add your card to the challenge gallery.

Bye for now,

Tina

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment. I really appreciate it.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.