Pages

Wednesday 21 February 2024

Colour Creations: Poppy Parade

 Hi!


Welcome to Poppy Parade week of the Colour Creations Blog Hop. It's a bright, happy red that is my most used red. I was a bit time poor this week, and I had visions of doing a quick and simple card. Sigh. I should have known that it would end up a bit more complicated than I expected!

scissorspapercard, Colour Creations, Stampin' Up! Mini Alphabet Dies, TrustyToolbox DSP, Everyday Details Dies, Level Complete

Hehe, I decided to go with a pun to suit the Trusty Toolbox DSP. I used my Mini Alphabet Dies to cut the sentiment, and thanks to the doubled up letters on the die, I cut all that I needed in one pass through my Big Shot. Yay! The drill DSP was roughly cut, adhered to a piece of Thick Whisper White card and then fussy cut once dry. As I was popping it up over the Everyday Details die cut, the extra layer of cardstock helps to prevent sagging.

scissorspapercard, Colour Creations, Stampin' Up! Mini Alphabet Dies, TrustyToolbox DSP, Everyday Details Dies, Level Complete

I was tempted to go with another pun on the inside, but I restrained myself. The Happy Birthday sentiment, from Level Complete, will have to do!

That's all from me this week, but please do keep making your way around all of tonight's blogs. The next stop is my lovely friend, Rachel Palmieri. I'm sure that she'll have something fabulous for us to see.


If you come across any broken links in tonight's blog hop, please jump on over to our wonderful hostess, Cathy Proctor's blog. She will have a list of all tonight's participants to help get you back on track.

Bye for now,

Tina

8 comments:

  1. A fun card, with great details, Tina! I love the grid paper, and the "holey" circle die, and of course the awesome Mini Alphabet die-cuts. I like how you added DSP to the inside of the card, too. Great way to showcase Poppy Parade.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the pun you’ve used on your card Tina. The Poppy Parade circle behind the grey Everyday Details circle is really effective

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're funny Tina! It's good to see how you've used a big range of your new goodies to make this punny card.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely Tina, I think this set is one of my favourites from the mini catalogue and by the looks of it you like it as well. Love that Alphabet die as well. The circles look so good together I will have to give that a try as well.

    ReplyDelete
  5. A great card with a great pun Tina even if you were time poor. Love the Poppy Parade peeing through the silver circle. Very effective.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Brilliant!!! Tina, this is so clever, and definitely made me giggle. I love your use of products, fussy cutting the drill and placing it on the circle with the holes around the edge is fitting in perfectly with the drill. Those letters are such a fun font and ideal for your punny card!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is so clever and so funny, Tina. Love, love, love this card!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh I love it! You have the best sense of humour! The drill and the circle with holes next level funny! Love it so much! I can see many, many people casing your card!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment. I really appreciate it.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.