Pages

Wednesday 7 February 2024

Colour Creations: Petal Pink

 Hi!


Welcome to Petal Pink week of the Colour Creations Blog Hop. Are you a fan of the soft, peachy pink? I am not! I much prefer a pinker pink, LOL! I did have fun playing with Petal Pink ink this week, though. My first SAB order arrived, and I had full intentions of making a card using my Lighter Than Air DSP, but I got completely sidetracked by my Paper Butterfly Accents.

scissorspapercard, Colour Creations, Stampin' Up! Mini Alphabet Dies, Paper Butterfly Accents, Rainbow Builder Dies

I used a cloud mask with a Blending Brush and Petal Pink and Pumpkin Pie inks to create the cloudy sky. Hopefully the colours make you think of a sunset or sunrise. I used Petal Pink along the edge of the mask, with Pumpkin Pie along the top of the pink - just soft layers that blended nicely. The butterflies were popped up over the top using Dimensionals. Can you spot another new product? The Mini Alphabet dies are so cute. I love the chunky font.

scissorspapercard, Colour Creations, Stampin' Up! Mini Alphabet Dies, Paper Butterfly Accents, Rainbow Builder Dies

I didn't add a sentiment to the inside yet, just more cloud and a smaller butterfly. This card is very multipurpose, so I'll stamp a sentiment (or not) when I know what I'm going to do with it.

It's time to move on now to the next blog in our hop, which is the blog of my lovely friend, Rachel Palmieri. I can't wait to see what she's made.


Our fabulous host and troubleshooter is the wonderful Cathy Proctor. If you run into any problems with links, just pop on over to her blog, where you'll find a list of all of tonight's participants to help get you back on track.

Bye for now,

Tina

8 comments:

  1. Tina, how good does your Petal Pink and Pumpkin Pie sky look! I love your blended background behind these gorgeous butterflies and the simple "Hi"!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Who knew that the much-maligned Petal Pink and Pumpkin Pie could look so beautiful?! This is a very pretty card, Tina - I love it! The clouds, the butterflies, the die-cut letters - all adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great idea Tina, I never would have thought of Pumpkin Pie with Petal Pink

    ReplyDelete
  4. A gorgeous card Tina. I love your combination and blending with Petal Pink and Pumpkin Pie - your blended cloudy sky is amazing. The butterflies are beautiful flying through the clouds and yes the Mini Alphabet letters are so cute. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Tell us what you really think of Petal Pink Tina.Ha Lol. Mind you I tend to agree with you yet the soft card you have created is lovely. The combination of Petal Pink and Pumpkin Pie does make it look like sunset.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I would never have thought to use Pumpkin Pie with Petal Pink, but it totally works. I did think of a sunset when I first saw your card, and the butterflies enjoying the early evening night sky. A wonderful card, Tina.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a soft and dreamy scene you have created Tina. Beautiful clouds usin Petal Pink and Pumpkin Pie along with the gorgeous butterflies.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Not a fan of Petal Pink either, but do like the way you made this look like clouds at sunset.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment. I really appreciate it.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.