Pages

Wednesday 28 February 2024

Colour Creations: Pretty Peacock

 Hi!


Thanks for stopping by for the new Colour Creations Blog Hop. This week we are featuring Pretty Peacock, a rich blue-green that I adore. Having said that, the mojo was a little AWOL this week, and I struggled to come up with ideas for a card. In the end I went ultra simple!

scissorspapercard, Colour Creations, Stampin' Up! Mini Alphabet Dies, Bright & Beautiful DSP, Biggest Wish

The DSP that I chose to use is from the Bright & Beautiful DSP pack. I'm a sucker for ombre, and when you add stripes in, it's right up my alley! I layered the paper onto a Pretty Peacock card base.

scissorspapercard, Colour Creations, Stampin' Up! Mini Alphabet Dies, Bright & Beautiful DSP, Biggest Wish

The simple sentiment is cropped using my Mini Alphabet dies. Conveniently, H and I are right beside each other, making the crop very easy! I first adhered some Foam Adhesive Sheet to the back of my Whisper White cardstock before running it through my Big Shot. The foam gives lovely dimension to the letters without having to mess around with Dimensionals.

scissorspapercard, Colour Creations, Stampin' Up! Mini Alphabet Dies, Bright & Beautiful DSP, Biggest Wish

I used some left over DSP from the front of my card to decorate the inside. It's a great way to use up scraps! A stamped 'friend' from Biggest Wish, and I was done! It's a great multipurpose card that would be suitable for any friend.

The nest stop in tonight's Hop is my lovely friend, Andrea Sargent. I'm sure that she's made something magnificent using Pretty Peacock.
 

The wonderful Cathy Proctor does a fabulous job in keeping us all organised each week. Pop on over to her blog if you run into any problems with links, and she will get you back on track.

Bye for now,

Tina

10 comments:

  1. Ombre, stripes, Pretty Peacock ... what a combination! The letters look great raised up on foam, Tina.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hee, hee I love your simple, elegant card Tina

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tina your card may be simple in design but it works to create a striking card using white lettering against the ombré background.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nothing wrong with super simple, Tina, when that beautiful ombre DSP does all the work for you. Love the way the foam "Hi" pops out!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Simply gorgeous Tina. I love the simplicity and versatility of your card. As always the inside of you card is special too. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a simple yet effective card Tina. Likewise ombre and stripes look fab together.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your cards are always the best Tina! I love this so much! The Hi being popped up is perfect on the ombre DSP! As I keep trying to remind some of my family members "Less is MORE" Love the elegant simplicity of your card!

    ReplyDelete
  8. As you say Tina, Nice and simple but it says it all. A Lovely clean card with just the right message.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the white sentiment, as it really stands out against the ever so pretty, ombre background. A great quick and easy card!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Rachel Palmieri2 March 2024 at 12:32

    I think we all agree, a sweet and simple design is quite lovely 🥰

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment. I really appreciate it.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.