Pages

Wednesday 14 February 2024

Colour Creations: Pool Party

 Hi!


Welcome to Pool Party week of the Colour Creations Blog Hop. It's a lovely soft blue-green colour that I quite like. Much better than Petal Pink! I recently purchased the Lighter Than Air DSP and Everyday Details Dies, so I was keen to use them on my card.

scissorspapercard, Colour Creations, Stampin' Up! Timeless Greetings, Lighter Than Air DSP, Everyday Details Dies, Nested Essentials Dies

I love the way that the detail from the die frames the art panel. The large spots are fabulous! I cropped the Lighter Than Air DSP in such a way that I could feature the Pool Party  hot air balloon in the centre of the frame. It looked a bit plain, so I cropped the same balloon from a second sheet and popped it up over the top.

scissorspapercard, Colour Creations, Stampin' Up! Timeless Greetings, Lighter Than Air DSP, Everyday Details Dies, Nested Essentials Dies

I tried to double cut some cardstock using the dies for the sentiment panel, but I couldn't quite get it to work. Nested Essentials Dies to the rescue! A left over scrap of shimmery ribbon and a Rainbow Dot finished off the front of the card.

scissorspapercard, Colour Creations, Stampin' Up! Timeless Greetings, Lighter Than Air DSP, Everyday Details Dies, Nested Essentials Dies

I used a left over strip of the DSP to decorate the inside of the card. The sentiments that I've used are from the Timeless Greetings kit. Don't forget those kit stamp sets!

Please keep making your way around our hop tonight until you get back to your starting point. The next stop along the way is my lovely friend, Kate Morgan. I can't wait to see what she's made.


If you run into any problems with links, just pop on over the the wonderful Cathy Proctor's blog. She will have a list of all of tonight's participants to help get you back on track.

Bye for now,

Tina

7 comments:

  1. These papers, and dots, are so pretty, aren't they? Lovely card, made with your new "toys", Tina!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your faux "paper toile" card, Tine. Your hot air balloon has so much dimension and it is beautifully framed.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card Tina, great idea to pop up the balloon in your feature panel, it looks great

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a pretty hot air balloon, and I like the way you have 'framed' it Tina.

    ReplyDelete
  5. A lovely card Tina and such a good idea to pop up the balloon as a feature. Glad you told us where the sentiment were from.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your use of these pretty papers and framing them with those Everyday Details dies. Love the shimmery ribbon for a little sparkle too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Another beautiful card Tina. I adore you dimensional layers with the frame and popped up balloon. It’s great the way leftover pieces are perfect elsewhere. xxx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment. I really appreciate it.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.