Pages

Wednesday 31 January 2024

Colour Creations: Parakeet Party

 Hi!



Thanks for joining us for the new Colour Creations Blog Hop. This week it's Parakeet Party's time to shine. It's a bold, bright green that sits in the 2022-2024 In Colour Family - which means that it's only around until the end of the current Annual Catalogue.

scissorspapercard, Colour Creations, Stampin' Up! Biggest Wish, More Wishes, Dots & Spots Die

I decided to go simple with my card, and let the black polka dots do all the work. I used my Dots & Spots die to crop the dots into the Parakeet Party layer, and then backed it with a slightly larger Basic Black layer. I popped it all on a Parakeet Party card base.

scissorspapercard, Colour Creations, Stampin' Up! Biggest Wish, More Wishes, Dots & Spots Die

Now, the trick was how to add a sentiment. I played around with my Biggest Wish stamp set and some scraps of Whisper White card, and settled on this quick and easy arrangement. I wouldn't usually have a banner floating on a card, but I'm totally loving this look! Perhaps the black dots help to anchor it?

scissorspapercard, Colour Creations, Stampin' Up! Biggest Wish, More Wishes, Dots & Spots Die

I also used the companion stamp set, More Wishes on the inside of my card. It's carried over from the previous Mini Catalogue (yay!), and is perfect to mix and match with Biggest Wish.

That's all from me tonight, but please do make your way around all of the blogs in tonight's hop. The next stop is the lovely Kate Morgan, who always blows me away with her creativity.


As always, if you run into issues with any of the links, just pop on over to Cathy Proctor's blog. She'll have a list of all of tonight's participants to help get you back on track. Isn't she a gem?

Bye for now,

Tina

4 comments:

  1. Parakeet Party looks great with black, and you've paired these colours beautifully, Tina. Nice work with the sentiments ... have to love "companion" stamp sets!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tine, I love the bold colour combination and graphic layout of this card. The floating banner looks fantastic. What a wonderful card for any age or gender!

    ReplyDelete
  3. A gorgeous bold card, Tina. I love the banner with the sentiment and the black behind the green through the dots is wonderful. I'm so happy these have carried over too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. A great "no nonsense" card to really highlight the drama of Parakeet Party and black.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment. I really appreciate it.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.