Pages

Wednesday 17 January 2024

Colour Creations: Old Olive

 Hi!


Thanks for joining me for the new Colour Creations Blog Hop. This week we are feating Old Olive. I really struggled with this, as it's more of a 'supporting actor' colour to me than a 'leading actor' colour. I also find it to be a heavy colour, so I decided to use lots of white on my card.

scissorspapercard, Colour Creations, Stampin' Up! Easter Bunny, Nested Essentials Dies, Stampin' Blends

I haven't played much with my Easter Bunny stamp set, so it was a good opportunity to pull it out. I stamped the bunny on the largest Nested Essentials Dies rectangle die cut using Memento ink. I also masked her bottom so that I could stamp some grass around her. I used the second smallest rectangle die to crop the sentiment. I ran it through twice, shifting the die in-between, so that I ended up with. smaller label.

scissorspapercard, Colour Creations, Stampin' Up! Easter Bunny, Nested Essentials Dies, Stampin' Blends

The bunny was coloured with my Stampin' Blend markers. I stamped the flower crown separately and then popped it up over the top once I'd coloured and fussy cut it. I think it's a really cute accessory for the bunny! A Blending Brush and Balmy Blue ink was used to colour the sky section of the panel.

scissorspapercard, Colour Creations, Stampin' Up! Easter Bunny, Nested Essentials Dies, Stampin' Blends

I left the inside mostly blank for now, with just the strip of DSP. I'm not sure how I'll use this card, so I will decide what to stamp on the inside once I know.

Please continue your way round our blog hop tonight. The next stop along the way os my lovely friend, Cathy Proctor. I can't wait to see what she's made.


Cathy is also our wonderful host of the Colour Creations Blog Hops. If you run into issues with links, jump on over to her blog, where you'll find a list of all of tonight's participants to help get you back on track.

Bye for now,

Tina

5 comments:

  1. What a cutie Tina, I so love these little bunnies, It's really good that Easter is early this year so we can still use it before the new catalogue comes out. The stripes on the DSP look a lot like grass.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an adorable card, Tina! Love all the white and the strip of DSP really anchors your beautifully colour bunny. Simply perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh so cute Tina. I adore you Old Olive strip of stripes behind the cute bunny. The layering of the floral crown is delightful. Your balance of elements is gorgeous. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a delightful card, Tina! I love how you've used the Nested Essentials Dies, and masking. The addition of the flower crown is just beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This was a really "awww so adorable" card, Tina. It is so cute and I love the flowers fussy cut and added for dimension. The white space is brilliant and I love the grassy area around her.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment. I really appreciate it.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.