Pages

Wednesday 7 June 2023

Colour Creations: Azure Afternoon

Hi!

Thanks for once again joining me for the new Colour Creations Blog Hop. This week we are starting on the new Core Colours that are brand new to the SU colour range. It's a lovely bright blue, called Azure Afternoon.

scissorspapercard, Colour Creations, Stampin' Up!, Watercolour World, Days To Remember, Fresh As A Daisy DSP, Stylish Shapes Dies

I started with a piece of Boho Blue DSP from the Fresh As A Daisy pack and stamped Watercolour World on the paper with Azure Afternoon ink. I thought that the white-ish streaks in the paper looked a bit like wispy clouds. Which doesn't really make sense if you think about it - it you were looking at the Earth from above the clouds, you certainly wouldn't be able to see the whole of the globe at once. Silly me!

scissorspapercard, Colour Creations, Stampin' Up!, Watercolour World, Days To Remember, Fresh As A Daisy DSP, Stylish Shapes Dies

I layered some Vellum and a length of Herringbone Ribbon under my sentiment, which is from Days To Remember. Nice and simple, so that I don't detract too much from the globe image.

scissorspapercard, Colour Creations, Stampin' Up!, Watercolour World, Days To Remember, Fresh As A Daisy DSP, Stylish Shapes Dies

I stamped a portion of the image once again on the inside of my card. I had to include the part with Australia and New Zealand!

That's all from me for tonight, but please do make sure that you jump around all of the blogs in tonight's hop. There's lots more Azure Afternoon goodness to see, starting with Amie McIlroy.



 As always, the wonderful Cathy Proctor keeps us all organised each week for the hops. She'll help you, too, if you run into any issues. Just pop on over to her blog, where you'll find a list of all of tonight's participants to help get you back on track.

Bye for now,

Tina

12 comments:

  1. Rachel Woollard7 June 2023 at 20:17

    Lovely card Tina, great combination of Boho Blue and Azure Afternoon. The washy print on the DSP is really effective as the background/water

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow Tina - your card is simply gorgeous. I love the world stamped in AA onto the Boho Blue DSP. It looks amazing and as Rachel said is really effective. Love the way the ribbon and vellum features the sentiment. Beautiful xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really love what you've done with this stamp, especially the stamping inside the card. The white could be whitecaps on the waves as well, it can be anything we want it to be, because its perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such an elegant card and I love how you stamped the inside!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such an elegant card and I love how you stamped the inside!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Tine, I love the effect you've achieved by stamping onto DSP - it just adds texture and interest. I Also love the inside of your card, featuring Australia! You do clean and simple so well, Tina.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Theresa Gerrard8 June 2023 at 09:17

    Haha Tina I love the comments about not being able to see the whole earth! The use of the vellum creates a lovely background for the sentiment.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ah yes, the whitewash look is perfect for behind the Watercolour World stamp. I love the partial stamping on the inside, perfect with Australia & NZ!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Creative licence trumps logic, Tina! LOL. I like the wispy cloud look, and think it goes beautifully with the Watercolor World stamp. I love the way you stamped the inside of the card.

    ReplyDelete
  10. A lovely card Tina. Great choice of DSP to stamp directly onto with your choice of stamp. I love the printed vellum circle too.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love how you stamped inside the card but made sure to include Australia and New Zealand!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh I love this and I have been putting off getting this stamp but I am going to have to get it now! Love the circle of vellum under the sentiment that is perfect! Love the inside of the card stamped with Australia and New Zealand too! Great Card!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment. I really appreciate it.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.