Pages

Thursday 8 June 2023

JAI 656: Just Add Inspiration

 Hi!


Hooray for Friday on a Long Weekend! Do you have any crafty plans? I have a few cards that I need to make, but I also have plans to get a lot of sewing done. Wish me luck - best laid plans, LOL!


This week at Just Add Ink we have an Inspiration Photo as our challenge, suggested to us by Kim. I struggled a lot with ideas and had just decided to watercolour a background using the colours in the photo. As I was taping the paper down I remembered the alcohol ink backgrounds, and decided that I'd rather do that!

scissorspapercard, Just Add Ink, Altenew Family Matters, Stampin' Up! Brilliant Wings Dies, Stampin' Blends

I used my Dark Calypso Coral Blend on a piece of vellum first, scribbling some splotches and then dripped some isopropyl alcohol over the top, blowing to get some movement in the ink. Once it was. dry, I repeated the process with my Dark Night Of Navy Blend.

scissorspapercard, Just Add Ink, Altenew Family Matters, Stampin' Up! Brilliant Wings Dies, Stampin' Blends

The Inspiration photo has a strong horizontal line through the middle. I flipped it to vertical with the addition of some black twine. The Black Glimmer butterfly die cut serves as the silhouettes in the image. I was quite pleased with how it turned out!

scissorspapercard, Just Add Ink, Altenew Family Matters, Stampin' Up! Brilliant Wings Dies, Stampin' Blends

I had an offcut of vellum left over from the front - I always make the fronts too big so that I have an offcut to work with on the inside. It was just he right size for the inner of my card, with some more twine and a smaller Glimmer butterfly. The stamp set that I used is from Altenew, called Family Matters.

That's all from me for now, but we'd love for you to play along with our Inspiration challenge. The Design team have done a marvellous job with using different elements of the photo to create their cards. Pop on over to the Just Add Ink blog to see their cards. You'll also find out linky there when you're ready to add your card to our challenge. I can't wait too ee what you make.

Bye for now,

Tina

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment. I really appreciate it.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.