Pages

Wednesday 21 June 2023

Colour Creations: Lemon Lolly

 Hi!


Thanks for once again joining me for the new Colour Creations Blog Hop. We are still working our way through the new core colours - this week we are featuring Lemon Lolly. It's a lovely, soft, pure lemon yellow, as the name suggests! It's a much clearer colour than previous pale yellows that we've had in the colour range.

scissorspapercard, Colour Creations, Stampin' Up!, Light The Candles Kit, Bright & Beautiful DSP, Songbird Punch

I struggled a bit with thinking about what to do with Lemon Lolly, but then I remembered that I owned the Songbird punch. The yellow and blue birds are quite cute, I think! The background paper is from the  Bright & Beautiful DSP pack. I just cut my selected piece to card front size and then trimmed 1 1/2 inches from one side. I flipped the paper to the other side, added a piece of Misty Moonlight card down the length as a border and then adhered both pieces of DSP to the card front. A piece of White Twine finishes off the front.

scissorspapercard, Colour Creations, Stampin' Up!, Light The Candles Kit, Bright & Beautiful DSP, Songbird Punch

The sentiments on my card are from the Light The Candles Kit - it's easy to forget about kit stamp sets when you are creating, but they are a great source of images and sentiments. The Lemon Lolly ink is much easier to read in real life! The photos don't do a great job of picking it up.

scissorspapercard, Colour Creations, Stampin' Up!, Light The Candles Kit, Bright & Beautiful DSP, Songbird Punch

I made a third bird for the inside of my card, and nested him on a strip of DSP and cardstock left over from the front of the card.

That's all from me for tonight, but please do continue making your way around all of the blogs tonight. There's lots more Lemon Lolly gorgeousness to be seen! The next stop is my lovely friend, Rachel Palmieri. I wonder what she's done with Lemon Lolly?


If you happen to come across a broken link on tonight's hop, please jump on over to Cathy Proctor's blog. She will have a list of all of tonight's participants to help get you back on track again.

Bye for now,

Tina

10 comments:

  1. Aww, your sweet little Lemon Lolly songbirds are so cute in this slightly retro colour scheme, Tina. As usual, the inside of your card is as much a visual treat as the front of your card. Love the way you've used the DSP on the front of the card, too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a cute card, Tina! I love how you have used the dsp and then carried that through to the inside.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh so cute Tina - both inside and out. I so love your lemon and blue birds - gorgeous. As always the inside of your card is perfect. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those little yellow birds are so cute, Tina ... and I love that you added one to the inside of your card. Very sweet card!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a cute card Tina, I love the little birds in Lemon Lolly. so Bright I'm really loving this colour.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Theresa Gerrard22 June 2023 at 11:20

    Oh Tina those songbirds in lemon Lolly and Misty Moonlight are just so cute! Such a good idea to use the sentiments from the kit.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the two different DSPs, Tina, and the songbirds are always a cute addition.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yes, those songbirds are super cute and made me smile. I love the bright DSP and your chosen colour palette, Tina. Adding another bird to the inside is perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Well they are the cutest little songbirds! They look fantastic in Lemon Lolly and Misty Moonlight! I really love the spotty DSP down the side it really works! Great card!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a great colour palette for the song birds!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment. I really appreciate it.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.