Pages

Wednesday 9 March 2022

Colour Creations: Real Red

 Hi!


Hello, and thank for joining me again for the Colour Creations Blog Hop. This week we are looking at Real Red, which is from the Regals colour family. I think it used to be a Bright, but got moved in a colour shuffle. Either way, it's a nice red.

scissorspapercard, Stampin' Up!, Colour Creations, Penguin Palace, Sweet Talk DSP, Stitched So Sweetly Dies

I decided to make a card for a child, as I think it's a happy red, and very suitable. I started with some Sweet Talk DSP that I got in a paper share from the current Mini Catalogue. I'm not much for lovey-dovey papers (or anything, really!), so the plainer sides are more to my taste. This paper looks a bit like confetti, so works with my birthday card, I think.

scissorspapercard, Stampin' Up!, Colour Creations, Penguin Palace, Sweet Talk DSP, Stitched So Sweetly Dies

I used my Penguin Place stamp set to create the focal panel. I stamped the penguin first, and then masked him off before stamping the balloon strings. Hopefully it looks like he's holding a bunch of balloons.

scissorspapercard, Stampin' Up!, Colour Creations, Penguin Palace, Sweet Talk DSP, Stitched So Sweetly Dies

I don't have anyone in mind yet for this card, but when I know who will get it I will add a number to the inside - kids get excited by things like that!! People my age, not so much! LOL.

Thanks again for stopping by, but please do continue your way around our Blog Hop by jumping around the blogs until you get back to your starting point. The next blog tonight is my fabulous friend, Rachel Palmieri.


As always, the wonderful Catherine Proctor keeps us all organised each week. If you get stuck, she's got a list of all participants on her blog to get you back on track. 

Bye for now,

Tina

7 comments:

  1. Oh this little guy is adorable and yes, your masking does make him look like he is holding the balloons. I love the joyful simplicity of this card, Tina, it really showcases Real Red.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The DSP does set off the party scene Tina, and I love the little penguin and his bunch of balloons.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a cute and happy birthday card Tina. I love your red birthday balloons being held by the penguin (your masking works well). You are right - when you get older one doesn’t want to be reminded of the addition of years on a Bcard. Xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a sweet, fun, card. Those Real Red balloons look fantastic! The "confetti" pattern on the paper is a good choice for the playful design. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a cute card Tina and yes the paper does look a bit like confetti

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a sweet birthday card with that cute little penguin. This could be used for boys or girls being red, white & black. That DSP is perfect for confetti floating down and I love the inside too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very cute, Tina. It’s such a sweet, fun card.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment. I really appreciate it.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.