Pages

Thursday 10 March 2022

JAI 594: Just Add Masking

 Hi!


Are you ready for the weekend? It's a long weekend here in Adelaide, so I'm sneaking off for a quick girl's weekend by the sea. I can't wait! There'll still be plenty of crafting time to be had, though, so get your entries in for the new Just Add Ink challenge.


This week Kerry has challenged us to add Masking to our cards I think I went a little overboard, but why not? LOL. To put it simply, masking is protecting one area so that you can apply ink to another area without getting ink on the first area. Got it? I hope so!!

scissorspapercard, Stampin' Up!, Ink Road Stamps, Clearly Besotted, Picture It Castle, Expecto Stampo, On The Horizon, Rainbow Builder Dies, Masking Techniques, Pop Culture Card

I've just received this Clearly Besotted stamp set, called Picture It Castle. I can't resist anything from this fandom!! My first mask was the large oval. I cut it from copy paper and laid it over my cardstock before stamping the image over the top. I left it in place while I coloured the image. I also stamped the castle on a sticky note and fussy cut it, creating another mask so that I could use a cloud stencil (another masking tool) to create the sky. I'd also cut away the lake part of the image so that I could use a Blending Brush to ink the lake. How fab does the moonlight on the lake look? I just faded out the ink over that section.

scissorspapercard, Stampin' Up!, Ink Road Stamps, Clearly Besotted, Picture It Castle, Expecto Stampo, On The Horizon, Rainbow Builder Dies, Masking Techniques, Pop Culture Card

I'd also used a circle punch to crop a mask for the moon, which I used while I was sponging the clouds. After I'd completed the clouds I removed the mask and then used the negative to allow me to colour the moon without getting the ink into the clouds. Finally, I popped the could stencil back in place so that I could do one cloud covering the moon. My final masking technique on the card was to mask off part of the bird stamp so that I only inked one bird. The stamp is from On The Horizon. I also used this technique to mask off part of the sentiment. I used the first line on the front and the second line on the inside. The stamp set is Expecto Stampo from Ink Road Stamps.

scissorspapercard, Stampin' Up!, Ink Road Stamps, Clearly Besotted, Picture It Castle, Expecto Stampo, On The Horizon, Rainbow Builder Dies, Masking Techniques, Pop Culture Card

So much masking! But it was worth it, I really love this card! I celebrate my 20th Wedding Anniversary next month, so I think this would be a good card to give to my hubby.

What are your favourite masking techniques? I can't wait to see what you make. To see what the Design team made, and to link up your card, please pop on over to the Just Add Ink blog. See you there!

Bye for now,

Tina

1 comment:

Thanks for taking the time to comment. I really appreciate it.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.