Pages

Sunday 6 March 2022

CTC 359: CASE A Die Project

 Hi!


Thanks for joining me at the end of another weekend that has gone by in a flash! I need another weekend to recover from my weekend, LOL! But the end of the weekend means the start of the new CASEing The Catty Sunday Challenge Blog Hop, so it's not all bad 😁


This week we are asking you to CASE a Die Project from any current catalogue. I decided to choose a die bundle from the Annual Catalogue that hasn't seen any love for a few weeks - my Perfect Plants Dies.


I chose this card to CASE, as I liked that the background DSP was cut on an angle - I quite like little quirks like that! 

scissorspapercard, Stampin' Up!, CASEing The Catty, Sweet As A Peach, Perfect Plants Dies, Stitched Shapes Dies, Tasteful Textile 3DEF, Bloom Where You're Planted DSP

I'm really not much of a gardener, but I wish I was! I chose my background DSP because I'd love to have a lush garden like that, but I'm realistic enough to know that it's beyond my talents. I can have it in paper form instead!

scissorspapercard, Stampin' Up!, CASEing The Catty, Sweet As A Peach, Perfect Plants Dies, Stitched Shapes Dies, Tasteful Textile 3DEF, Bloom Where You're Planted DSP

I used the Perfect Plants Dies to cut all of the focal elements - the hanger (trimmed), the pot and the different leaves in the pot. All but the hanger were cropped from the Bloom Where You're Planted DSP. I really must buy another pack of this paper before it retires in a few months!

scissorspapercard, Stampin' Up!, CASEing The Catty, Sweet As A Peach, Perfect Plants Dies, Stitched Shapes Dies, Tasteful Textile 3DEF, Bloom Where You're Planted DSP

I used my off cut DSP from the front to decorate my inside. It's also a great opportunity to use up images from the sides of your DSP that may not be full images. In this case, the pot was cropped at the side, so I just lined it up with the edge of my card.

We'd love for you to join in with us for our challenge. Do you have a favourite set of dies? Just CASE a card from the Annual or Mini catalogue made with those dies and you're good to go! Add a photo to our Facebook group to inspire us all.


As always, thanks for stopping by, but please do continue your way around our Blog Hop - there's plenty more inspiration to be found. My lovely friend Rachel Palmieri is next, with an absolutely stunning card!


Bye for now,

Tina


2 comments:

  1. Tina, that lush background is fabulous behind your hanging plant. Love the colour you used to emphasise the diagonal cut, and as always, your card inner is superb. Good tip to use partial images like this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh using up the outside cut on the inside is sooooo clever!! Simple really, but I just love this idea!! Total perfection - everything about this card.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment. I really appreciate it.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.