Pages

Thursday 11 November 2021

JAI 580: Just Add Colour

 Hi!


Oh, yay! It's the new Just Add Ink challenge dropping, just in time for the weekend. I hope you have some crafty plans that include making a card for our challenge!


It's a Colour Challenge this week, with the combo selected by Rochelle. To me, it's a very Aussie bush combo, so I used a stamp set from Paper Rose called Flowering Gum on my card.

scissorspapercard, Stampin' Up!, Paper Rose, My Favourite Things, Just Add Ink, Flowering Gum, Sun-Lovin' Santa, Copics, Stampin' Blends, Christmas Card

I had received this stamped image as a part of a kit for a colouring class I attended recently. I hadn't got around to colouring it yet, so I pulled it out of the kit to use for this challenge. The colours work beautifully, don't you think? I mounted it on a retired Gold Foil card base to pull in the Gold from the combo. I also splattered some Vegas Gold Shimmer paint over the top.

scissorspapercard, Stampin' Up!, Paper Rose, My Favourite Things, Just Add Ink, Flowering Gum, Sun-Lovin' Santa, Copics, Stampin' Blends, Christmas Card

The gold splatter was an attempt to abstractly replicate the warty growths that are sometimes on gum leaves. I'm to sure that it translated well, but I like the effect! The sentiment I used is from a My Favourite Things set, called Sun-Lovin' Santa. 

That's all from me for this challenge, but I do hope that you're able to play along with us. You can see the rest of the Design Team's cards over on the Just Add Ink blog. You can also link up your card when you're ready. I'm interested to see what you make with this combo.

Bye for now,

Tina

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment. I really appreciate it.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.