Pages

Wednesday 24 November 2021

Colour Creations: Melon Mambo

 Hi!


Hello, and welcome back to a new Colour Creations Blog Hop. It's Melon Mambo's turn! I used to think that it was a bright pink, but some of the new pink additions to the colour range are way brighter, so now I'm thinking it's more of a darkish pink. Either way, it's often my go-to pink, as I'm not a big fan of pale or super-bright pinks.

scissorspapercard, Stampin' Up!, Colour Creations, Biggest Wish, Playful Alphabet Dies, Many Layered Blossoms Dies

Tonight's card was inspired by one I saw on the SU Facebook page this week. Their card used the Artistic Dies, and used the Playful Alphabet Dies to say 'hello', but otherwise I pretty much CASEd the card exactly. I loved the white on white look with the bold pop of colour for the sentiment.

scissorspapercard, Stampin' Up!, Colour Creations, Biggest Wish, Playful Alphabet Dies, Many Layered Blossoms Dies

I used my Biggest Wish stamp set to add the 'birthday' part of the sentiment. I popped it up with Mini Dimensionals, after using the Foam Adhesive Sheets behind the Alpha die cuts.

scissorspapercard, Stampin' Up!, Colour Creations, Biggest Wish, Playful Alphabet Dies, Many Layered Blossoms Dies

I decided to go with a pop of pink no the inside. I used the same dies as the front of the card - Many Layered Blossoms - and some Adhesive Sheet to make sticking it down a breeze.

That's all from me for tonight, but please do continue your way around our Blog Hop until you get back to where you started. The next blogger is my wonderful friend from across the newly opened SA-Vic border, Theresa Gerrard.

Keeping us well and truly organised this week again is another wonderful friend, Catherine Proctor. Pop on over to her blog if you run into any problems. She has a full list of hoppers at the end of her post, and you should be able t pick up your trail there.

Bye for now,

Tina

7 comments:

  1. Wow, Tina! What a stunning card. I adore the elegant simplicity of this style of card and the way just a touch of this bold pink pops against all that white. The way you have used the die cuts both on the outside and the inside of the card is just perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is very striking, Tina. I love the look of white die cuts on white card and with that beautiful pop of pink in the sentiment, it's fabulous. The way you used different sentiment types, adds great depth with the foam sheets.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I, too, used to think Melon Mambo was a bright pink ... but it now looks decidedly reddish, compared to some of SU!'s newer, very bright, pinks, doesn't it?! Love the white-on-white details on your card, Tina; they really help the Melon Mambo elements to stand out beautifully. Love that you added a Melon Mambo die cut to the inside of your card. So pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very stunning card Tina, great way to feature Melon Mambo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh Tina, I so adore the elegant simplicity of your card. The white die cut on white is delightful and the Melon Mambo lettering is so striking. Gorgeous. Xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. The sentiment in Melon Mambo stands out a treat and really gets your message across. Love the look, might need to CASE you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, this is gorgeous, Tina! Simply stunning and elegant with just the Melon Mambo and white - so striking!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment. I really appreciate it.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.