Pages

Monday 8 November 2021

Heart Of Christmas Week 19

 Hi!


Welcome back to my blog for the new week of the Heart Of Christmas Blog Hop. It's week 19 this week, which means that my Christmas card stash has over 76 cards. I'm well and truly ready for starting to send them out - apart from the writing on them bit! LOL!! I hope you are well on your way to being organised, too.

scissorspapercard, Stampin' Up!, Heart Of Christmas, Christmas To Remember, Heartwarming Hugs DSP, Gingerbread Dies, Sheetload Of Cards, Christmas Card

This week my cards are based on the January 2021 Sheetload Of Cards template. I combined it with Heartwarming Hugs DSP, Gingerbread Dies and the retired Christmas Greetings Thinlits. I chose to put the Gingerbread baubles on my card, as I had the Red Foil pieces floating around on my desk, and I was sick of shuffling them around! They were left overs from my HOC cards from a month or so ago, and were 'too good' to just chuck out. It was a simple matter of cutting the baubles in Pear Pizzazz (with Adhesive sheet on the back), adhering them to the white cardstock and then piecing the Red Foil bits into the Pear baubles. Fiddly, but I like the effect, so it was worth it.

scissorspapercard, Stampin' Up!, Heart Of Christmas, Christmas To Remember, Heartwarming Hugs DSP, Gingerbread Dies, Sheetload Of Cards, Christmas Card

The insides were completed with a strip of the Heartwarming Hugs DSP and a sentiment from Christmas To Remember.

scissorspapercard, Stampin' Up!, Heart Of Christmas, Christmas To Remember, Heartwarming Hugs DSP, Gingerbread Dies, Sheetload Of Cards, Christmas Card

Here's the four cards together. Do you see my 'whoopsie'? Although, looking at this photo, I think I prefer my whoopsie and wish I'd made all four cards the same way. Oh well!

Please do keep making your way around the Hop. Just jump around to the next blog and keep on jumping until you get back to where you started. The next stop tonight is the lovely Caroline Manwaring. Do you have a whole bunch of her card photos saved to CASE? I do!!

Our Hop Hostess with the mostess this week is Sharon Davern. She's done a great job of keeping us organised for the Hop. If you find a broken link, pop on over to her blog and pick up the trail again there. She's got a list of all tonight's participants on her blog.

Bye for now,

Tina

7 comments:

  1. I prefer the term "variation", to "whoopsie", LOL. Yes, I'm rather partial to the vertical stripes, too, Tina! Great layout, and use of white; these cards are striking. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your variation and love the way these cards ended up being a kind of "reverse" die inlay - great use of leftover scraps! As for having completed 76 cards - take a bow, my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your cards look fabulous using this template Tina and the DSP and colours you have chosen. The bauble stands out nicely with the red foil inserts. And yes I think I prefer your ‘oopsie’ lol!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love that you kept those foil inlay bits and have used them 'eventually' on these cards. I thought I was the only one with bits on my desk! I totally agree with your whoopsie too ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great layout once again Tina! And as a musician the term is variation on a theme! LOL! Love your variation and always love seeing what you make of the templates each week and you never disappoint. Great use of your scraps!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great way to use up some DSP and a fabulous layout. It's such a shame that the sentiment was retired

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a great layout Tina. I love the matted panels especially. I think I prefer the “whoopsie” design too - lol.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment. I really appreciate it.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.