Pages

Sunday 14 November 2021

CTC 344: CASE An Embossing Project

 Hi!


Wowee, that week whizzed by very quickly! I can hardly believe that it's Sunday night again! My plan this weekend had been to put up our Christmas Tree, but it didn't happen. Before you say "it's too early!", it was Pageant Day yesterday in Adelaide, and that's the traditional day to put up your tree, so I will be late this year. Oh well!


This week's CASEing The Catty challenge is to CASE an Embossing Project. You could choose heat embossing, dry embossing, or embossing paste, so there's plenty to choose from! Much to my embarrassment, I purchased the Merry Melody 3DEF during the demo pre-order period, but I had yet to use it! I am a musician, which is why it appealed to me, and why it's embarrassing that I haven't used it yet! I decided that my card tonight HAD to use it, so I jumped to the catalogue page and found this card.


I don't have the angels, so I had to improvise. I chose to use the Poinsettia image from Words Of Cheer instead.

scissorspapercard, Stampin' Up!, CASEing The Catty, Words Of Cheer, Joy To The World Paper Pumpkin, Merry Melody 3DEF, Stampin' Blends, Christmas Card

I coloured the image with my Blends, and then popped it up over the embossed panel I used a retired  Paper Pumpkin stamp set, Joy To The World, as that's the song on the Embossing Folder!

scissorspapercard, Stampin' Up!, CASEing The Catty, Words Of Cheer, Joy To The World Paper Pumpkin, Merry Melody 3DEF, Stampin' Blends, Christmas Card

I often see this folder used on cards, but stuck on upside down. Oops! Here's a way to get the orientation correct: can you see the tiny dots that are after some notes? They should always be on the right of the note, never on the left. 

scissorspapercard, Stampin' Up!, CASEing The Catty, Words Of Cheer, Joy To The World Paper Pumpkin, Merry Melody 3DEF, Stampin' Blends, Christmas Card

I used the poinsettia image again on the inside, with my favourite stamp from the Joy To The World set. It's such a lovely sentiment!

That's all from me for tonight, but your part in this challenge is just beginning! Just choose an embossing project to CASE, make your card, snap a photo and upload it to our Facebook group. Which type of embossing appeals to you? Hehe, I like the no-mess dry embossing!


Before you dash of to get creating, please do finish our hop. Next up is my lovely friend, Monique. I absolutely love her non-traditional coloured card - and I'm sure that you will, too!


Bye for now,

Tina

1 comment:

  1. Your choice of colours really gives impact to this card. Thanks so much for the pointers about which way is the right way up with the music folder, I had been too worried to order it, since music is the Great Unknown to me.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment. I really appreciate it.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.