Pages

Thursday 23 September 2021

JAI 573: Just Add A Sketch

 Hi!


Welcome back to a new week of Just Add Ink, and a fresh challenge for you to sink your teeth into. This week Jan has designed a sketch for us to work with.


I like this one! The strip down the side adds a little touch of something extra to an already versatile sketch, don't you think? My son, Alex was invited to a birthday party, and so I used the sketch to create a fun card for the birthday boy.

scissorspapercard, Stampin' Up!, Kindred Stamps, Just Add Ink, Building Blocks, Number Of Years, Label Me Bold, Subtle 3DEF, Stitched Shapes Dies, Pop Culture Card

I started with that cheeky strip down the side. I purchased the paper many, many years ago, and this was one of the last strips left from it. I don't have any information about which company made it, sorry! The rest of the card base was Basic Black card, embossed with the Subtle 3DEF folder. I popped it up over the strip of Lego paper.

scissorspapercard, Stampin' Up!, Kindred Stamps, Just Add Ink, Building Blocks, Number Of Years, Label Me Bold, Subtle 3DEF, Stitched Shapes Dies, Pop Culture Card

The little figure was from a Kindred Stamps set, called Building Blocks. I coloured him with my Copic Markers and popped him up over the stamped Number Of Years numbers, finishing with a sentiment from Label Me Bold. Lots of retired products on this card!

scissorspapercard, Stampin' Up!, Kindred Stamps, Just Add Ink, Building Blocks, Number Of Years, Label Me Bold, Subtle 3DEF, Stitched Shapes Dies, Pop Culture Card

I stamped the figure on the inside, but this time I gave him glasses. I did this because Alex wears glasses, but the birthday boy does not. It was probably too subtle a touch for either of them to notice, but it tickled my funny bone!

That's all from me for the new challenge, but please do pop on over to the Just Add Ink blog, where you will find the rest of this week's Design team cards. They've done an amazing job with this sketch! You can also link up your card in our challenge. I can't wait to see what you create.

Bye for now,

Tina

1 comment:

  1. I love this so much Tina! Bright and bold colours - and the cheeky strip of Lego paper is such a fun touch! Love how there are glasses inside but not outside. xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment. I really appreciate it.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.