Pages

Sunday 5 September 2021

CTC 334: Gingerbread & Peppermint Suite

 Hi!


Happy Sunday! And Happy Father's Day to the dads out there! My kids treated Rob to a sleep in, some thoughtful gifts and pancakes for breakfast. My daughter also plans to cook dinner, so I'm sure Rob will say he's had a great day.


This week for the CASEing The Catty Sunday Challenge, we are asking you to CASE the Gingerbread & Peppermint Suite. We've expanded that to include pages 8 to 15, so there is plenty of choice for you to CASE. I'm very much a blue girl, so this card on page 13 caught my eye.


I loved the gold snowflakes against the deep blue, and the soft sponging over the sentiment. I'm still tossing up about buying those snowflake dies - they are very pretty, but I don't often use snowflakes on my Christmas cards.

scissorspapercard, Stampin' Up!, CASEing The Catty, Christmas To Remember, Winter Snow EF, Gingerbread Dies, Stitched So Sweetly Dies, Christmas Card

I do have the Gingerbread Dies, and so I used the snowflake die from that set on my card. I backed a piece of the Gold Brushed Metallics paper with some Adhesive Sheet before die cutting, so that the delicate snowflake was easy to adhere to my card. 

scissorspapercard, Stampin' Up!, CASEing The Catty, Christmas To Remember, Winter Snow EF, Gingerbread Dies, Stitched So Sweetly Dies, Christmas Card

The background of my card is a retired embossing folder, I think called Winter Snow. I sponged over the top of it with a Blending Brush and Misty Moonlight ink, making sure that it was darker around the edges and faded to white in the middle.

scissorspapercard, Stampin' Up!, CASEing The Catty, Christmas To Remember, Winter Snow EF, Gingerbread Dies, Stitched So Sweetly Dies, Christmas Card

I did a little more sponging on the inside so that I could add another gold snowflake over the top. The sentiments I used are from Christmas To Remember, with the front on cropped using a Stitched So Sweetly Die.

After you've finished checking out our Blog Hop, don't forget to pop on over to our Facebook group. You need to be a member to enter the challenge, but that's an easy process. We can't wait to see what you make.


Next up tonight is the wonderful Peta Stephen. You won't want to miss her gorgeous metallic card.

Bye for now,

Tina

4 comments:

  1. Can I start with the inside of the card? I always love the beautiful way you finish your cards, and this one is pretty special. Of course the outside is beautiful too, and a clever use of the dies you have already.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your sponging is sublime! And the gold snowflakes look amazingly beautiful with the gorgeous blue - such a beautiful beautiful card, and I agree with Rachel - the inside is glorious.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great way to use the snowflake die from the gingerbread. Love the non-traditional colour choice.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely card, Tina. I love the blended colour over the embossed snowflakes and the die cut snowflake looks fabulous in gold foil.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment. I really appreciate it.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.