Pages

Sunday 12 September 2021

CTC 335: CASE A 3D Project

 Hi!


I hope you've had a wonderful weekend, and thanks for choosing to end it with the CASEing The Catty Sunday Challenge Blog Hop. Is there a better way to end the weekend? 


This week we are asking you to choose a 3D project from the Annual Catalogue to CASE. There are lots of them, all scattered through the catalogue. 

My eye was caught by this ombre gift bag on page 87. I loved the bright colour of the bag and the white-embossed cookies scattered across the front. I decided to convert these ideas into card format, rather than a gift bag.

scissorspapercard, Stampin' Up!, CASEing The Catty, Joy To The World Paper Pumpkin, Oh So Ombre DSP, Stitched Rectangle Dies, Shaker Card, Christmas Card

I started with a piece of Blackberry Bliss Oh So Ombre DSP. I could have done the ink blending myself, but I decided to give myself a break and cheat with the DSP. I cropped the centre rectangle out using my Stitched Rectangle Dies. I left the rectangle in situ and stamped the flower from the Joy To The World Paper Pumpkin kit in Golden Glitz Delicata Ink repeatedly across the front, matching the gift bag.

scissorspapercard, Stampin' Up!, CASEing The Catty, Joy To The World Paper Pumpkin, Oh So Ombre DSP, Stitched Rectangle Dies, Shaker Card, Christmas Card

The gold ink does not show up well in photos, but it's gorgeous on real life! I used the two stamped pieces to create the shaker card, filled with gold sequins.

scissorspapercard, Stampin' Up!, CASEing The Catty, Joy To The World Paper Pumpkin, Oh So Ombre DSP, Stitched Rectangle Dies, Shaker Card, Christmas Card

I stamped the flower in gold ink again on the inside - it's so pretty!

Do you pay much attention to the 3D Projects in the catalogues? Now's your chance! You could choose to make a 3D project yourself, or convert some ideas from the project into a card, as I have done. Your imagination is your only limit! Once you've made your project, just upload a photo to our Facebook Group.


Next up on our Blog Hop tonight is the very clever Julia Quinn, who has turned her 3D project into something different - you won't want to miss it!

Bye for now,

Tina

4 comments:

  1. Oh a shaker card - how clever!! I love that you've converted the peekaboo gift bag to a shaker card. And the little gold highlights are soo pretty!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The ombre dsp works perfectly to create your lush, elegant shaker card. All the gold combines so well with the blackberry.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's a bit clever, Tina. The stamping all over is very pretty, I can imagine how nice it is IRL.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So pretty and sparkly!! I love a shaker card.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment. I really appreciate it.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.