Pages

Thursday 16 September 2021

JAI 572: Just Add Inspiration

 Hi!


Thanks for joining me for the new Just Add Ink challenge. This week Nikki has found a glorious photo to inspire our creativity.


Doesn't it make you so happy that Spring has finally arrived? I certainly love the warmer weather! This photo gave me a great excuse to play with two new purchases that I had yet to use. They worked so well with my favourite Pierced Blooms Dies.

scissorspapercard, Stampin' Up!, Altenew, Uniquely Creative, Just Add Ink, Cloudy Day 3DEF, Stitched Sun Die, Pierced Blooms Dies, Sweet Strawberry

The first new product is an embossing folder from Altenew, called Cloudy Day. The layers of clouds are wonderful! I used my chalk marker to highlight the top edges of the clouds to give a little more definition.

scissorspapercard, Stampin' Up!, Altenew, Uniquely Creative, Just Add Ink, Cloudy Day 3DEF, Stitched Sun Die, Pierced Blooms Dies, Sweet Strawberry

The second new product is the Uniquely Creative Stitched Sun die. It's so happy and cheerful!! I heat embossed the sentiment from Sweet Strawberry and cropped it with a circle punch before popping it on top of the sun. 

scissorspapercard, Stampin' Up!, Altenew, Uniquely Creative, Just Add Ink, Cloudy Day 3DEF, Stitched Sun Die, Pierced Blooms Dies, Sweet Strawberry

I added an extra flower to the inside of my card. I had thought about using the stem die for the flowers, but it would have been way too fiddly, so I used the leaf die instead. I like the effect, even if I'm not sure that the extra leaves are correct. But who cares, really? It's a fun, happy card and the friend I gave it to was delighted to receive it - and that's all that matters.

That's it from me for now, but please pop on over to the Just Add Ink blog, where you'll find the rest of this week's Design team cards. We have some new members on the Team, so please go and give them a warm welcome. Sadly, we are also farewelling one of our wonderful long-term members of the DT. While on the blog, you can also link up your card for our challenge. I can't wait to see what you make.

Bye for now,

Tina

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment. I really appreciate it.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.