Pages

Thursday 20 August 2020

JAI #519: Just Add Colour

 Hi!


Yay for Friday and Just Add Ink time! This week Jo has provided us with this wonderful colour combination to guide our creativity.


I'm definitely a blue girl, so this combo was right up my alley!

scissorspapercard, Stampin' Up!, Ink Road Stamps, Just Add Ink, Robin Inked Girl, Golden Honey SDSP, Stampin' Blends, Copics, Stitched Rectangles Dies

I stared by taking a piece of the retired Golden Honey SDSP and coloured the white stripes with my Stampin' Blends. I coloured every second stripe with Purple Posy and then alternated between Seaside Spray and Misty Moonlight for the rest of the stripes.

scissorspapercard, Stampin' Up!, Ink Road Stamps, Just Add Ink, Robin Inked Girl, Golden Honey SDSP, Stampin' Blends, Copics, Stitched Rectangles Dies

The images and sentiments are from an Ink Road Stamps set called Robin - named after one of the 'Roadies', which is very cool! Roadies are fans of the company. I had to cheat a little and use some brown Copics for her hair, because the person this is going to would not have liked a girl with blue or purple hair! She does like her bling though, so I added a length of the sparkly ribbon to make her happy. The main image and sentiment are also matted in retired Black Foil.

scissorspapercard, Stampin' Up!, Ink Road Stamps, Just Add Ink, Robin Inked Girl, Golden Honey SDSP, Stampin' Blends, Copics, Stitched Rectangles Dies

This card was for a group of people to sign, so to leave enough space, I made a trifold card. The corkscrew was stamped on the first flap in both Purple Posy and Seaside Spray, and then in Memento coloured with Misty Moonlight for the main image. 

scissorspapercard, Stampin' Up!, Ink Road Stamps, Just Add Ink, Robin Inked Girl, Golden Honey SDSP, Stampin' Blends, Copics, Stitched Rectangles Dies

This strip of DSP was left over from the front. I had deliberately made the front pice wider than I needed it when I coloured it so that I could trim off this piece to use on the inside, which can also be seen the the first flap is opened. My friend will love this card, and the sentiments. In fact, I purchased this set solely to make cards for her, as she's my wine and cheese buddy. That's on hold a bit for now, but hopefully it won't be long before we can raise a glass.

On that note, it's time to head on over to the Just Add Ink blog, where you can find the rest of this week's Design Team cards. What do you see in these colours? I can't wait to see what you create.

Bye for now,

Tina

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment. I really appreciate it.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.