Pages

Thursday 6 August 2020

JAI #517: Just Add A Sketch

Hi!


Welcome back for the new Just Add Ink challenge. This week Kim has designed a very cool sketch to guide our creativity.


My husband, Rob, recently celebrated a birthday, and so naturally I made him a card. When I looked at the sketch I thought that perhaps it looked a bit like a panel in a comic book. He loves his comics, especially the classic superheroes, so I thought it was worth a try. I loved the results, and so did he!

scissorspapercard, Kindred Stamps, Heffy Doodle, Stampin' Up!, Justice Is Served, Beautiful Moments, In The City, Copic Markers, Cityscape Stencil

I used a retired Kindred Stamps set, called Justice Is Served for the two characters. For the top panel, I hand drew the building to make it look as it he is ready to take off in flight. I used my Copics to colour the scene, including using the chisel tip to create the look of bricks. The bird is from Beautiful Moments, masked so I just got one, and the plane from the retired In The City stamp set.

scissorspapercard, Kindred Stamps, Heffy Doodle, Stampin' Up!, Justice Is Served, Beautiful Moments, In The City, Copic Markers, Cityscape Stencil

The background of the bottom section was created with the use of the Heffy Doodle Cityscape Stencil. I traced the outline with a Copic Multiliner, and then coloured it with my markers. I'd draw in the black dividing lines before I started, and my final step was to colour them with a black Copic marker.

scissorspapercard, Kindred Stamps, Heffy Doodle, Stampin' Up!, Justice Is Served, Beautiful Moments, In The City, Copic Markers, Cityscape Stencil

The sentiment on the front was more suited to one of the characters than the other, so I had to include one for the other character on the inside. I had a lot of fun making this card, and I was so pleased that Rob loved it.

Please pop on over to the Just Add Ink blog, where you can find the rest of this week's Design team cards. As always, it's a stunning gallery!

Bye for now,

Tina

1 comment:

  1. This is absolutely amazing Tina! Turning the sketch into a comic piece for your Hubby was brilliant! I love how you made the scene come alive with the added black outlines on your sky scrapers and your colouring is awesome too! so clever and fun!! xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment. I really appreciate it.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.