Pages

Thursday 13 August 2020

JAI #518: Just Add T

Hi!


Yay for Friday and the new Just Add Ink challenge. This week it's one of my Alphabet challenges, and the letter selected for this week is T.
I recently received a stamp set from Kindred Stamps that I have been wanting for a long time - Strong Maiden. I used it to make a Triple Easel Card for my sister's birthday. I'm a bit ashamed to say that her birthday was back in March - that's how long I've been waiting for the stamp! She's a big fan of the TV show that this stamp is a homage to.
scissorspapercard, Stampin' Up!, Kindred Stamps, Just Add Ink, Strong Maiden, In Good Taste DSP, Rainbow Builder Dies, Stampin' Blends
I started by using my cloud template to create the stormy clouds on the back piece of the card. I used Smokey Slate ink and a blending brush. The next two sections were created using the In Good Taste DSP. I used my blending brush to apply Early Espresso ink to the DSP, as it was far too white for the look I was after.
scissorspapercard, Stampin' Up!, Kindred Stamps, Just Add Ink, Strong Maiden, In Good Taste DSP, Rainbow Builder Dies, Stampin' Blends
The footpath was hand drawn and coloured using my Smokey Slate Stampin' Blends. I added another little homage to the TV show - a hidden sentiment!
scissorspapercard, Stampin' Up!, Kindred Stamps, Just Add Ink, Strong Maiden, In Good Taste DSP, Rainbow Builder Dies, Stampin' Blends
Here you can see how the card lays flat for posting. Starting with the front section, you just lay each one down flat. Easy! This sentiment is also a little hidden when the card is open, but it adds a little weight to hep the easel part of the card sit nicely.
scissorspapercard, Stampin' Up!, Kindred Stamps, Just Add Ink, Strong Maiden, In Good Taste DSP, Rainbow Builder Dies, Stampin' Blends
The base of the card is the best place for writing a message. I decorated it with another character from the TV show. I hope my sister loves the card, and forgives me for it being so very late!

That's all from me for now, please pop on over to the Just Add Ink blog, where you can find the rest of this week's T cards. What will you make? You can use a technique, stamp set, colour, theme, embellishment - anything as long as it starts with T! I can't wait to see what you make.

Bye for now,

Tina

3 comments:

Thanks for taking the time to comment. I really appreciate it.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.