Pages

Sunday 9 August 2020

CTC #280: CASE The Cover Of The Aug-Dec Mini Catalogue

Hi!


It's time once again for the new CASEing The Catty Sunday Challenge Blog Hop. The new August-December Mini Catalogue went live to customers this week, and so we chose to CASE the cover of the catalogue for our first challenge.
There's so much inspiration to be found! You could CASE the colour scheme, one of the cards, or take elements from a few. Turn a card into a tag, or a tag into a card - the possibilities are endless!

I chose this card on the far right of the cover to CASE. I liked that the whole front was covered in DSP, and that the die cut layer under the bells butted up to the edge of the card.
scissorspapercard, Stampin' Up!, CASEing The Catty, Peace & Joy Bundle, Heartwarming Hugs DSP, Stitched Nested Labels Dies, Glimmer Paper, Christmas
I don't have the DSP used on the front, but I do have the Heartwarming Hugs DSP. The paper I used on my card today is one of my favourites in the pack. It's not a really obvious Christmas pattern, but a pretty one nonetheless.
scissorspapercard, Stampin' Up!, CASEing The Catty, Peace & Joy Bundle, Heartwarming Hugs DSP, Stitched Nested Labels Dies, Glimmer Paper, Christmas
I used the largest Stitched Nested Labels Die as my base and the Peace & Joy bundle to decorate it. Sadly, the Red Glimmer Paper is retired, but I can't help using it on my Christmas cards. How lovely is the Gold Trim? It's from the Forever Greenery Trim Combo pack. The ends fray very easily - but I think that's meant to be a feature. I like it!
scissorspapercard, Stampin' Up!, CASEing The Catty, Peace & Joy Bundle, Heartwarming Hugs DSP, Stitched Nested Labels Dies, Glimmer Paper, Christmas
I stamped the smaller of the stylised star images on the front, and carried it over to the inside. The two greens in the DSP are Pear Pizzazz and Mossy Meadow, so I stamped some in each colour and then added some Red Glimmer Paper to the centres.

As always, we'd love for you to join in with the fun by creating a card for our challenge. Just join our Facebook group, if you haven't already, and then add your card to the group. Easy!


In the meantime though, don't forget to continue on with the Blog Hop. Next up is Michelle, with a very clever card that I absolutely adore!


Bye for now,

Tina

5 comments:

  1. Wow so fun and bright. The DSP works perfectly. What a fabulous card.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I really love the Peace die! I hadn't really noticed it in the catty!! Such a great card.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great card Tina, I love the DSP it really looks great on a Christmas card.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This card is so much fun! So bright and cheerful

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great way to showcase the DSP and I love the bold sentiment.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment. I really appreciate it.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.