Pages

Sunday 2 August 2020

CTC #279: CASE A Sketch

Hi!


Thanks for once again joining me for our CASEing The Catty Sunday Challenge Blog Hop. Before I start, I wanted to send a big hug out to everyone in Melbourne, Australia. Stage Four restrictions are going to be tough, but the rest of the country are cheering you on, all the way!


This week we have chosen this gorgeous card on page 72 of the Annual Catalogue and turned it into a sketch.


I decided to have a play with the new Trimming The Town DSP for my card. I was quite loose with the sketch, but hopefully you can see how I've applied it to my card.

scissorspapercard, Stampin' Up!, CASEing The Catty, Trimming The Town DSP, Coming Home, Come Together Dies, Stampin' Blends, Christmas Card

Instead of the twine on the original card, I have die cut a snowy slope with trees. The square has been replaced with the mountains, but I wish I'd chopped a little bit of sky off the top of the piece so that the mountains were a little more prominent. I have another piece of the DSP left, so I may have to CASE myself to see if I like it more!

scissorspapercard, Stampin' Up!, CASEing The Catty, Trimming The Town DSP, Coming Home, Come Together Dies, Stampin' Blends, Christmas Card

The car was the only stamped element on the whole card - the rest has been cropped from the Trimming The Town DSP, using the Home Together Dies. I coloured the car with my Dark Poppy Parade Blend. I just used a flat colour, as the rest of the DSP is coloured that way.

scissorspapercard, Stampin' Up!, CASEing The Catty, Trimming The Town DSP, Coming Home, Come Together Dies, Stampin' Blends, Christmas Card

I originally cropped this huge house to go on the front as the oval element, but it was too big for the space. It's perfect for the inside though. The sentiments were both also cropped from the DSP. There's a huge range sayings and languages - something for everyone!

That's all from me tonight. To enter our challenge, you just need to make a card based on the sketch and upload it to our Facebook group. No blog or fancy editing necessary!


Next on the hop is the fabulous Rebecca. You won't want to miss her pretty, floral card.


Bye for now,

Tina

6 comments:

  1. Fab card, Tina and super creative interpretation of the sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A wonderful card. Love all the details, especially your use of the DSP.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're well on your way to building a town Tina. I love seeing all the different houses you're building. Lovely snow scene here.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great interpretation of the sketch!! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this bundle and your card is great. A creative way to use the sketch.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh I'm definitely CASE-ing this, I LOVE it!! So very, very cute.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment. I really appreciate it.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.